To Do And Not To Do
This weekend is going to be hectic for me with Veggie Fest in the Western Suburbs, a baby shower and gathering in Racine, WI for my best friend's birthday is a lot on me. Hope I have lots of gas money!
I have the laundry done and ready to get cleaning on the house today as well as get things together for the many events that I have this weekend. I still have not fully decided on the right birthday gift for my best friend. What do you get a gal with style, class, and beautiful humanitarian skills? She has requested that all her friends give money to a charity event. I guess so. But, being that this is my last month as a housewife I am not so sure that I want to do just that. I purchased her a card yesterday but I have to go back to the stores and buy more cards because I simply forgot that my sister-in-law's birthday is Monday and she will be without my brother.
I have the laundry done and ready to get cleaning on the house today as well as get things together for the many events that I have this weekend. I still have not fully decided on the right birthday gift for my best friend. What do you get a gal with style, class, and beautiful humanitarian skills? She has requested that all her friends give money to a charity event. I guess so. But, being that this is my last month as a housewife I am not so sure that I want to do just that. I purchased her a card yesterday but I have to go back to the stores and buy more cards because I simply forgot that my sister-in-law's birthday is Monday and she will be without my brother.
(From L to R- Sean, Mischell, Eric, Me and Hubby)
Meet 1/2 of my siblings- My mother was married at 18 and six months pregnant with my brother Sean. Three years later, she gave birth to my brother Eric in her apartment. Six years later she finalizes her divorce and moves in with my father. Three years after that event, I was born. Eric is not married but has three good looking sons- Drakkar, Tayvian and Golyfe (yes, my brother is not too keen on naming his children). Sean is currently on his second marriage and it seems to keep going. He has three quirky and spirited daughters with his first wife- Shawnlyn, Latrisha, and Deidre Monique. I seem to currently be the other side of this circle diagram with no kids and a devoted and loving husband. My brothers will be in Milwaukee for my Aunt's 50th birthday and I will be here. It is not that I do not wish to see them since the last time all of us were together was for my mother's memorial in January but I am just not ready yet. May be because the last time we saw each other it was because our mother passed away and being in Chicago I can hide from it. I am not sure. But will see about a card being sent to my sister-in-law if I do not become overwhelmed with cards since it is August.
Comments
Post a Comment