God's Plan

(Anniversary Photo- 2011)
Reverse time to 2006. . .I am living in the Uptown Neighborhood in Chicago, IL. I am with some friends and telling them about Vince and how he is. "You guys wanna meet him?" The gay men nod their head. At that time, Vince calls me and tells me that he is in the building thinking I am at the Tea Lounge below. He comes up and there the gay boys are shocked. Vince is attractive, tall and. . . MEXICAN AMERICAN? After he left they said to me, "I thought he was a big burly black guy the way you spoke about him."

When we began dating, he told me how he noticed people looking at us and not in a good way. I never noticed. But, as time went on and we got closer and closer it became clear to me that he was such an amazing man. I called my mother in the middle of it all and told her how it was interesting that this man had my heart and treated me like a queen. . . and he was not black. My mother said a simple, "SO?"

History about me. I was born and raised in Milwaukee and I have never been against dating outside of ones culture or race. It just so happens that throughout high school and part of college the men I dated were Black. 

 May 2005, upon my first day moving into my new apartment in the big city I meet this guy. . .
I was walking down the wrong street to get to Popeye's and he was sitting in his car. He kept waving at me. I thought he was crazy because he was waving and smiling but when I stepped a little closer to his car. . .Hello! How cute is he? We meet and he tells me his name and we have some lovely banter before I leave with his phone number and an invite to call him when I am settled into my new apartment. I move to Chicago, I take off my weave and wear my afro and begin to date this lovely, funny and sweet man.

We were married May 2009 in Rivera Maya Mexico just the two of us. The ceremony looks very beautiful but was actually pretty quirky but I will leave that story for later.Since that day over three years ago we have not looked back. We don't argue and his happiness seems to be all that matters to me. I never thought I would be married let alone married to him. I graduated from school as a Chiropractor in December 2010 and will begin practicing in September this year. My life did not go the way I wanted. . .it is coming out so much better!! Every day is a hilarious adventure as I find out more and more great surprises from this man. I thank God daily for delivering this man to me!

The night of our wedding, Vince hugged me and said happily, "God made you just for me!" I giggled and said, "How so?"
"Well, an ex girlfriend asked me 'What if your soul mate was walking down the street. You wouldn't know.' I told her, ' I would wave hi to her.'"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS