Getting Ready For Autumn!
Apple Cider, Pumpkin muffins, Soups, Squash, cool air. . . I can not say enough good things about Autumn. But then again, I love almost every season. Even though it is the middle of August I am already thinking about all the baking I will be doing and the delectable kiddie Halloween movies as well as even a visit to a pumpkin patch and some Jack O' Lantern decorating. ( I have been doing that every year since I have been married even with sicknesses and school.)
In the spirit of things, I decided to go to my new internet friend- Pinterest. There are already people posting up creative ideas and clothes for this season. Although, I do not have any rider boots to go with my skinny jeans I think I can may be take a shot at creating something good right? May be.
I found this recipe for Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies on pinterest and I thought since I still have some Bisquick mix to finish up this would be great!
Here is where I messed up. I rolled the cookies into a ball. (apparently, you can NOT listen to old school Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson while baking cookies.) I ran out of Bisquick and had to make a little of my own bisquick and add it to the mix. I can't find my cooling rack so they went straight to a container and were sealed. I am glad because they are chewy!
In the spirit of things, I decided to go to my new internet friend- Pinterest. There are already people posting up creative ideas and clothes for this season. Although, I do not have any rider boots to go with my skinny jeans I think I can may be take a shot at creating something good right? May be.
I found this recipe for Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies on pinterest and I thought since I still have some Bisquick mix to finish up this would be great!
Here is the website: http://www.plainchicken.com/2010/03/bisquick-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
( just because I love to give credit where it is due)
I think my cookies came out a little differently from her/his photos because mine are almost perfect round. These were a lot faster to make than when I made chocolate chip cookies from scratch. But then again, I didn't flatten them.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg
2 3/4 cups Bisquick baking mix
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1/2 cup nuts, chopped, if desired (optional)
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, mix butter, sugar, vanilla and egg. Stir in Bisquick mix, chocolate chips and nuts. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, d about 2 inches apart; flatten slightly. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg
2 3/4 cups Bisquick baking mix
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1/2 cup nuts, chopped, if desired (optional)
Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, mix butter, sugar, vanilla and egg. Stir in Bisquick mix, chocolate chips and nuts. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, d about 2 inches apart; flatten slightly. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
My dough
Generalized picture
Dough balls ( did not press them slightly)
Vola! Happy Cookies!
Now, go forth and BAKE my child!
Comments
Post a Comment