Love at First Sight

Meet Brian and Michele.
They look happy don't they? Here is a modern day love story. I never thought this stuff existed but then again, I am a realist. I married my husband in what I thought was practical but every one else seemed to think that we are also a modern love story (insert pic of me and husband here. . . )

Here is the story of Brian and Michele. Michele was with a guy named Brian for two years. (not her new husband- her ex boyfriend.) As she was comfortable with him there was something in her mind that let her know that she wanted more. She graduated from school with him by her side. . . 
Two weeks after her graduation, she came to me and expressed how she was not ready to be engaged to this man. 
Of course, like a good friend I asked her why. Her response was, "There are too many things about him that annoy me." He seemed to be a good man and I could not understand why she felt this way. So, she began to list them out and I can not remember all of what she said but she kept pulling out little annoying things about Brian for about five minutes. I really didn't want to impose but being that I married the man that I did there are a ton of little annoying things about him but because I love him so much I ignore them. Here was my response when she completed her rant:
"Hun, I really hate to say this because it may seem like I am being negative and all but- it does not sound like you truly love this man. Vince has many things about him that irk me but I let them go because I love him so much. You might need to think about this one."

And think. . . she did. She came to visit me one other time after and stayed with my husband and I for a couple of days before heading back home and disappearing for a few weeks. One day in the middle of the night she called me and I just happened to have my phone on. She told me how she left Brian and how she was already seeing someone else named Brian. She said he was such the man for her and how he was tall and dark-haired and how he seemed to treat her like a goddess. I was happy for her and we got off the phone. A few days later. . . she sent me this picture via text messaging:
With the message, "I'm engaged!"
I was actually happy for old Brian. He came to his senses and stood up and stole her away from this new guy declaring his love for her. I called our friend Yasmine and asked her did she know about this engagement pic. She did not. 

"Wait, didn't Michele break up with Brian? Didn't you tell me she got with another guy named Brian?" said Yasmine.
"Yeah, but who would marry a guy they just met? Michele is not that impulsive. I am glad Brian listened to her and took charge." I said.

Little did I know, my world was about to be rocked slightly. I spoke with Michele a day later and I told her my prior statement to Yasmine and she laughed. "No, the new Brian proposed to me." My mouth dropped. 

"Wait, how long have you known this man?" I asked
"I met him in June. June 23rd to be exact." She said.
"Wait, it is only the end of July. Are you serious?"
"Yes. You were the first out of everyone to know."
"So, you have not set a date yet right?"
"Sometime in November or October."
"That is kinda soon!"
"We don't want to wait. I am crazy about this man and I want to get married as soon as possible so we can start on a family."

Still shocked, she decided the best way for me to be on board was to have me meet him which is what she did. She came first to Chicago and I got to see the ring in person. It was beautiful! Then, Brian came here from Rockford to meet up with us and we went to Navy Pier for food and a boat ride.
She was glowing! I don't think I have ever seen Michele so beautiful and happy.
( well, except around me because we tend to giggle. . . a lot together.) He seemed very attentive and kind and had more personality than her previous Brian. She came back to my place and tried on my extra wedding gown. (for another time I may tell the story of the alternative dress- or in this entry. It is rather long.) She looked gorgeous in it! We giggled because she helped me pick out this dress and I never wore it. We both knew that it was hers all along. (since I could not sell this dress.) She bought it off me for $100- half of what I paid for it in 2008. They set the date for August 27th at the Courthouse in Rockford. But, because it was both their first time being married I am pretty sure Yasmine, her mother, his mother, and I were not going to let her be so basic. We definitely jazzed up her day.
Our afternoon of mani's and pedi's (L- Michele, Upper- Yasmine, R lower- me)
Her Wedding cake- her mother-in-law made the cake in Arkansas and when she flew here, she had it frozen and shipped to Rockford and decorated it there. How amazing!
Her Boquet- made by her mother-in-law.
Her dress
The Pre-Wedding dinner at a Hibachi Restaurant in Rockford in which friends and family came to wish her and her groom well.
We all titled this wedding as the "Non-traditional traditional wedding" consistently as Yasmine and I were bridesmaids but without boquets. . .
Her step-father did not walk her down the aisle but she has pics with him
And her witnesses. . .were their parents!
After the wedding was done and over with, I had to think about it. I am never the one to wish ill on anyone so I believe this union, as fast as it came, will actually work. Why? Because he looks at her the same way Vince looks at me and I couldn't be happier three years later. . . 



Love comes in many different forms













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS