Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS
Today has looks very similar to yesterday- work out, eat when you can, read, clean, computer searches for jobs along with ideas and concepts. This morning I went for a run and it looked like rain so I shortened the run and went a little faster just because I did not want to be like the old guy in the tale "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and get struck by lightning.
Hubby somewhat shocked me today because he asked about the Air and Water Show. I asked why and he thought it would be good for both of us to go either this year or next year. I have always hated the Air and Water Show because when I lived two blocks from the lakefront I could never nap or focus because of the noise of the planes. One thing about living in the city I do not like and that is all the noise pollution. I have pretty sensitive hearing so at times my hearing goes out for a day once it went out for three days and when I say goes out I mean it feels and sounds like someone put cotton in both my ears. I used to sleep with ear plugs at night because of the sirens, the blue line train that is a block away from our home, the dog barking from next door in the middle of the night, the car honking and on the weekends we will get the occasional loud drunkard coming from one of the many corner bars in the neighborhood. So, the Air and Water show is enhanced and the planes are practicing two days before the start of the show. So that is four nights of no sleep and being tired. My thoughts for his idea is good because when in Rome right? Might as well watch jets make formations and reach depth defying heights. Not sure he will want to though because he is not into being around a lot of people.
Today, I also finished the leftovers that I got from my best friends party this weekend. I stashed some plantain rolls and let me tell you when they are re-baked in the oven for the crispness they are so delish! My best friends step mother is Filipina and I never had Filipino food before her so I only have her food to base it off of. She makes this little dessert called puto. When I was her roommate living in her father's building we used to eat these little guys. .
Hubby somewhat shocked me today because he asked about the Air and Water Show. I asked why and he thought it would be good for both of us to go either this year or next year. I have always hated the Air and Water Show because when I lived two blocks from the lakefront I could never nap or focus because of the noise of the planes. One thing about living in the city I do not like and that is all the noise pollution. I have pretty sensitive hearing so at times my hearing goes out for a day once it went out for three days and when I say goes out I mean it feels and sounds like someone put cotton in both my ears. I used to sleep with ear plugs at night because of the sirens, the blue line train that is a block away from our home, the dog barking from next door in the middle of the night, the car honking and on the weekends we will get the occasional loud drunkard coming from one of the many corner bars in the neighborhood. So, the Air and Water show is enhanced and the planes are practicing two days before the start of the show. So that is four nights of no sleep and being tired. My thoughts for his idea is good because when in Rome right? Might as well watch jets make formations and reach depth defying heights. Not sure he will want to though because he is not into being around a lot of people.
Today, I also finished the leftovers that I got from my best friends party this weekend. I stashed some plantain rolls and let me tell you when they are re-baked in the oven for the crispness they are so delish! My best friends step mother is Filipina and I never had Filipino food before her so I only have her food to base it off of. She makes this little dessert called puto. When I was her roommate living in her father's building we used to eat these little guys. .
This pic was taken from another blog- sadly, I couldn't wait to get my camera. I ate all three.
Puto is made of rice and sometimes (like recently) they are filled with cheese. They are spongy and lightly sweetened. Those little suckers are Addictive! Next time I see my best friend, we are going to have to make these and I will post it up her for you to enjoy in my nostalgia and make your own. They are quite a treat!
So, I have also been playing with my nails. I had a great color but the top and base coat were not too hot so I put some styles on my nails. Nothing to pinterest or anything.
There are some polka dots, some swoops and I think there is one that is a gold french manicure.
Thinking about getting more colors than just silver glitter, gold, white and black paint art brushes to create some of the fun stuff I see on pinterest. Have a great Thursday!


Comments
Post a Comment