August Rush
August is a month that has no official holiday. That does not mean it is a busy month because most people I know have birthdays in August.
Father in law in front (far right)
My late father-in-law passed away August 11th, 1985. This is an old picture with him and his brothers but not all of them. Apparently, his mother gave birth to 22 kids. I am not sure how she did that one!
Today is officially my father's birthday. He would have been 67 years old. I can still hear him speak and tell me about how I am chubby or how my mom is sexy. I can still see him laying in bed watching the fishing shows as I headed for church and him telling me, "Nah, I am not going to church this time but pray for me." Which I did frequently. He was a character. His dream was for me and him to go to Niagara Falls as I became his road buddy and confidante two and three years before he passed away. My mother's orders since I had such a strong relationship with her she wanted me to have the same with my father.
Celebrating my 30th Birthday
Also, my best friend's 30th birthday is on the 12th of this month. She is pretty significant to me because she has been a best friend for a long time. We met in 2002 when she first came to college from the Phillippines. We met through a mutual friend. I had a best friend at the time but she begin to think that I was "strayed" from her ideas. She taught me some Tagalog and introduced me to her family and I was hooked. I want to do something amazing for her 30th especially since I am already in my 30's. I suggested a vineyard in Southern IL but we still have to discuss this. I know she wants me to head to her folks place and pig out on yummies and then go out. I am all for it. Just to show my appreciation for being such a cool bestie.
Baby showers, birthday, weddings. . .August is quite the busy month!



Comments
Post a Comment