Moon Cycle Post #2

OK, no one is knocking down my door and giving me these products so I guess I will go with. . . L!!!

As you see, there are Cora pads in this photo at a local grocery store. Cora pads worked ok with the Flex menstrual disc. So, I must have bad luck because every time I go online for the Ruby Love reusable menstrual underwear they are out of stock or about to go. So, I headed back to the store for something somewhat earth-friendly.
 
That, my friends, is where L came in. L. has a line of pads, tampons, and panty liners (the pantyliners are not pictured) for you to choose from. Get this, they have the same selling points as Cora products where for every box purchased one goes to a female in an underserved area. Score! But, then again, how is the product.

It comes in a sturdy bag with about 41 pads inside. More pads than the Cora pads. They are lightweight as well. This time, I took no chances and got the Super and the Overnights. This cycle has been brutal - as in it has not been this bad in 10 years!!! So, be on the lookout for some other vegan supplements as I have not posted about the ones I currently have. They are very meh, but I digress.

Since I am currently testing out the L. pads I will get to my full review of Flex and Cora products.

Flex menstrual disc is the less costly of the two main products- a disc and a cup. The cup, because it is reusable, will run around $40 which if you think about it in the long run is a pretty good deal. (The L. pads- just one box is $6 for 41 pads.) The flex disc is around $15 for 12 menstrual discs. The disc are disposable and they should only be inserted for 12 hours. If you are someone who has a standard cycle of about 5 days and you are wearing the Flex the entire moon cycle that is about 10 in a cycle. $15 every cycle just about. Plus, I bought the thin Coral because I had a feeling that the Flex was not going to "hold it all in" so to speak. It did not. Good job for Coral but I have a huge feeling that those pads would do well on my heavy days but I guess I would have to adjust and NOT get the super but maybe just the overnights.

So, Cora comes in tampons, pantyliners, pads, and menstrual cups. The pads are lightweight and I hope they are what they say they are which is all cotton but with it being so bleached I may doubt. Again, I feel like with the pads if they were a stand-alone they would not suffice. If you have a big girl Aunt Flo, do not use Cora alone. Cora is going to need a friend. Flex was Cora's buddy but even Flex couldn't do all the work alone.

So, you want my opinion?
 Flex is good if you bore some kids and have a medium flow.
 Cora is good for "free bleeding" crowd and folks with a light to medium flow (Side note- Cora also comes in period underwear. WHAAAAAATTTT!?)

Here are the websites for Cora and L:
Click here for that Cora Life!

L. That is all you need to click here.

Eclectic Lotus



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS