Into a New Week of Homeschooling
How has your summer camp/homeschooling/enhancement learning been? I hope well. Here are some things I have been learning since I am one week in!
1. When I am completely frustrated, I throw away my schedule and go rogue. I tend to do this a lot because there are times where I get very frustrated. I always have an abundance on my plate so I have to go with the flow.
2. Today, I had a full schedule which included going for a morning walk, one-half hour of reading, and afternoon yoga. Do you think that happened? NOPE!
3. There are times where I have to take a break. On the weekends, I stray away from sit-down writing lessons. There is some instruction but not much. There are more arts and crafts going on.
4. I like to give them sidewalk chalk and let them go nuts out in the yard! I have yet to get to the point where we are making our own sidewalk chalk. I have been seeing some Pinterest ideas about how to make it. I will do my best to share the better "recipe".
With my son, I have him count his money in one of my old water jugs. I ask him to tell me the time. Also, I have been working with his emotions as he seems to get very frustrated rapidly. So, we have a book on Mondays that we work on to manage the tantrums. I work specifically with him on it because I am hoping this will curve the little one. That is all for now. I would have posted some pictures but I am currently cleaning out my computer and google accounts. Have a great day!
1. When I am completely frustrated, I throw away my schedule and go rogue. I tend to do this a lot because there are times where I get very frustrated. I always have an abundance on my plate so I have to go with the flow.
2. Today, I had a full schedule which included going for a morning walk, one-half hour of reading, and afternoon yoga. Do you think that happened? NOPE!
3. There are times where I have to take a break. On the weekends, I stray away from sit-down writing lessons. There is some instruction but not much. There are more arts and crafts going on.
4. I like to give them sidewalk chalk and let them go nuts out in the yard! I have yet to get to the point where we are making our own sidewalk chalk. I have been seeing some Pinterest ideas about how to make it. I will do my best to share the better "recipe".
With my son, I have him count his money in one of my old water jugs. I ask him to tell me the time. Also, I have been working with his emotions as he seems to get very frustrated rapidly. So, we have a book on Mondays that we work on to manage the tantrums. I work specifically with him on it because I am hoping this will curve the little one. That is all for now. I would have posted some pictures but I am currently cleaning out my computer and google accounts. Have a great day!
When planning fails, go by instincts!
Eclectic Lotus
Comments
Post a Comment