Don't Be Like Me! How to Create a Successful Website!
Since I am the author of two books and I am currently building a portfolio for freelance writing, it is time to create a website. How hard could it possibly be?
1. I am familiar with HTML. If you are a Millenial, or a "Xennial" you most certainly know what that is. Be familiar with HTML. If you do not, check out YouTube for information. Or click here for a simple lesson.
2. SIGN UP WITH CANVA!! I am currently going through Wix. While they now have a tool that sets everything up with ease. I have lessons I should be plugging through with my former writing coach and she is great with it. In fact, she ADORES Canva! (Yes, this is a link to her site, hustle and groove.com.)
3. CSS-Learn it. Get with it. Unless you clicked on the link and set up a Canva website.
4. Figure out what the hell you are selling! I just want to post up my books so that you don't have to go to Amazon or Barnes and Noble in order to grab a copy. They want me to sell t-shirts and whatnot. What am I putting on this t-shirt man!?
5. Give yourself time. I posted this on my Instagram a while back. . .
Because I am hard-headed and honestly it is hard to read and listen with feral children in the background it will take me a little longer to complete this website. It may take you less time. Just take a deep breath and dig in.
I hope this helps. May your path be better than my own. I truly mean that. Have fun and see you soon!
1. I am familiar with HTML. If you are a Millenial, or a "Xennial" you most certainly know what that is. Be familiar with HTML. If you do not, check out YouTube for information. Or click here for a simple lesson.
2. SIGN UP WITH CANVA!! I am currently going through Wix. While they now have a tool that sets everything up with ease. I have lessons I should be plugging through with my former writing coach and she is great with it. In fact, she ADORES Canva! (Yes, this is a link to her site, hustle and groove.com.)
3. CSS-Learn it. Get with it. Unless you clicked on the link and set up a Canva website.
4. Figure out what the hell you are selling! I just want to post up my books so that you don't have to go to Amazon or Barnes and Noble in order to grab a copy. They want me to sell t-shirts and whatnot. What am I putting on this t-shirt man!?
5. Give yourself time. I posted this on my Instagram a while back. . .
Because I am hard-headed and honestly it is hard to read and listen with feral children in the background it will take me a little longer to complete this website. It may take you less time. Just take a deep breath and dig in.
I hope this helps. May your path be better than my own. I truly mean that. Have fun and see you soon!
Salut!

Comments
Post a Comment