Homeschooling 101- Part 2
Are you still there? I hope so because I have a lot more to cover! Here are some other tricks of the trade I use:
1. Get online!
Currently, I paid $49 for abcmouse.com. There are many other lessons that I have heard that are pretty good. One in particular:
I have a local mom that got her kids in this one. So far, so good.
My son's school had a program called iReady but it was not very beneficial because it was for iPad and apple computers which we are still not an Apple home despite what my computer is.
I don't know much about this one. It was referred to me from my son's school. The site is highly rated though.
2. Get to the library!
I think this was the best advice I gave myself. Only because I used to love the library when I was young. My mother barely took me so my aunt would have me tag along with her and her girls. It was like a free for all as I indulged in books. So, I took my son there- a lot when he was coming up. During the summer months, I would sign him up for the reading challenges. I hope this year there is something there. Also, check your local library for events. They have many here for parents and caretakers that are at home with young children during the day.
3. Dollar Tree is your friend.
Or Target's value section in stores. There is a section in Dollar Tree that is all about learning materials. Why do I have 15 dry erase marker boards and bins loaded in dry erase markers- Dollar Tree. I am waiting for the craft aprons to come back- I need one.
Some of my great ideas for projects come from Pinterest. I will post some of the free printables that I have found there. It is a must!
Have a great 4th! I will try to post on here as I am currently plotting my life! We are in this struggle together.
Eclectic Lotus



Comments
Post a Comment