I Do Not Feel Like Cooking! A healthy recipe

So, I am going to lax on the homeschooling for today. I recently did something very taboo these days- I went to a friend's house. In my defense, I have tested negative and have minimized my exposure to the outside world. She had surgery in November and I have barely seen her with working and well, the Pandemic. I decided to go over there with the healthiest dish I could think of. Oooh, why not the avocado corn quinoa salad!
I have made this several times as I obtained the recipe from Forks Over Knives. This is the perfect salad for cookouts and if you are vegan as I am and people turn their noses up- make this and see how fast it disappears. This is the first time I made it for a family at their house. I got a thumbs up from those that tried it. There was one in the family of five that didn't try it so I am ok with that. More for me! LOL! I might have posted this in an earlier post but I am going to post it here because it is a beautiful salad!

Ingredients
1 cup quinoa
2 avocados, diced
1 cup sweet corn
1 English cucumber
1 cup of grape tomatoes (halved)
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1 medium carrot ( I shredded this carrot in the picture but I usually julienne them or just chop them)
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 limes (producing 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice. Once in a while I add the zest of one lime)
1 teaspoon paprika*
1 teaspoon garlic powder*

*-these ingredients were not included in the original recipe

Cook the quinoa- I usually place my quinoa in a rice cooker with vegetable broth instead of water for more flavorful quinoa. Let the quinoa set in the fridge overnight. The sweet corn in this photo was from a frozen package but I usually buy corn on the cob, boil it and strip it from the cob. I am not sure why but it tastes a little better. Chop up and grate your veggies- this takes the most time. (And it is messy!) Throw all your ingredients in a big bowl and grab a big spoon and stir. Slice your limes in half and squeeze out the juice unless you have a tool that will do it for you. Add the spices.  Give it another stir. You are all done. Enjoy!

Here is the link to the actual recipe so you can print it out and try the base recipe first.
https://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/vegan-salads-sides/quinoa-corn-and-avocado-salad/

Eclectic Lotus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS