One Week In!

So, Jonathan is one week old today!

Motherhood has been such a blessing. Those oxytocin hormones work I tell ya! I selected this picture because the lady is kissing the baby's face. That is basically what I do to this little man. I think I am spoiling him but then at this point I don't care. We are learning each other since he never really got to know me outside of my womb except when I was hungry or when I had to pee. LOL!!! Also this is a remarkable time for Vince as he is taking to bonding and learning him so well. . .
Father and Son

I can't believe how he kisses his face and is truly cautious on doing anything wrong. He kisses the baby then kisses me. Our bond is still there and may be stronger since God brought this little one into our lives. He even latches on well since birth but I did insist that they place the baby on my chest but it took about a minute because I birthed on my hands and knees and they had to clean up the bed so I could lie on my back so they could pass him to me. When he was ready, he crawled to my chest and got a little breast time in before they took him to the warmer to clean and weigh and deliver the placenta and cut the cord. I did feel a little rushed to do it by the doctor and nurses so I kind of wished my doula was there. She came in a little later as they were sewing me back up.

So far we learned that he goes right to sleep after a feeding. Sometimes he wants to nurse more but usually it is for comfort or he wants to be soothed. Vince is insistent on putting a binky in his mouth when he is fussy but I think I might hide it somewhere in this house so he can stop that but I understand where he is coming from. When it comes to nursing only I can soothe that. I am trying to read about how he can be active in this process because I know he wants to be more involved which is why he insisted on me pumping. The lactation consultants suggest pumping after about two months I think. Next week, when I can drive again I will be seeking their help in this matter.

Taken today! Shh, he is napping.
Most of the day I nap with him and there are few of his nap times I am on here or eating. Most of the time eating since I get so involved with feeding him, burping him and changing his diaper. Today, late lunch is a small palmito salad from Irazu around the corner. It has avocados, cabbage, tomatoes, onions with a vinegar dressing. I am trying to still eat very healthy for breast milk. (breastfeeding post coming soon!) At night, I am sleeping either on the glider or in the bed with him. I hear so much about co-sleeping but with this method I actually get more rest at night. I do plan on taking him to his crib but not right now as he is so tiny and we have a good thing going with me getting sleep. Yes, it does sound selfish but I need to be right in order to care for him correct?

I am going to catch up on one of my shows while he is sleeping. So cute, he is making little adorable noises while he sleeps. Still shocked and very much in awe that I gave birth to this adorable little man!


Comments

  1. Congratulations!!! He's gorgeous!! I just thought to myself that you were due this week (based on what I remembered from your xanga posts) but I guess I missed that by a week or so. Sounds like you are enjoying motherhood so far - that's great!

    P.S., this is the person formerly known as tricia_says on xanga. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS