The Sacrificial Lamb

If you call me around noon today you will hear me singing songs and praises of the "booby juice" to my two week old son. Why? Because he is impatient and will scream and cry as soon as he feels a bit of hunger. The dancing around his nursery and singing, "Booby juice party" seems to stop him from crying and wonder, "What is wrong with this person?"
   So, here I am apart from the social world catering to my boy. I am so tired in the evening. The baby seems to want to constantly cry. He has the perfect latch then pulls away causing my poor nipples a bit of pain. My husband next to me sleeps while I have to get up to breastfeed because I don't want the nipple confusion. This is all part of the sacrifice.
 The Sacrificial Lamb-Josefa de Ayala (1670-1684)
While in the hospital, my son's doctor said it- "Yup, you ready to be the sacrificial lamb?" I understood what he meant but I didn't want to. But yes that picture without the halo says it all. I am a cow to my son and I don't get to leave the house or get away from him for too long without him crying. So, my fate is inside my apartment sleeping when he sleeps with a few hours where he is sleep and I am awake (see, I am blogging and eating breakfast.) breastfeeding and changing his diaper. I have been pee'd on about three times as Vince has been pee'd on about seven times. Jonathan has peed on himself about three times and he does not get happy about that either.



UH oh! Gotta go. The beautiful baby boy calls out. (plus, I don't want my milk to get on my clothes- that happens a lot too.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS