Bed Rest? What is that?


For the first three days being home I was treated like a princess. My adoring husband was washing the dishes, doing laundry, cleaning the bathtub, working. He was doing EVERYTHING and even rubbing my feet. Something happened inside me between Friday and Monday- I went into being 37 weeks pregnant. It is still any day now but 37 weeks is considered full term.
That picture was taken the night I got home from the hospital in my baby's nursery.

Since I have been home, I have been sleeping in the glider and ottoman almost every night. I sleep when I can and eat when I have the urge which has been slimming down just a little. As the week now draws to an end once again I must admit I have been a lot more riskier with what I do like walking to some frozen yogurt, cleaning when I have the energy and cooking meals. When I get the energy, I go for the gusto! When I am tired just leave me be and let me sleep.Yesterday, I cleaned the kitchen including scrubbing those floors and baseboards down. The baby's room is next since there is a rug in there which will be vacuumed. I am also getting the thank you cards ready to send off along with the warranty cards for our baby's car seat, crib and changing table. I am also working on packing the hospital bag and will be storing it in Vince's car getting ready for that magical (and painful) time where the bag can no longer take it and break.

I do admit that I have been beginning to finally feel something as far as contractions but I am not sure if that is my mind playing tricks on me. Anywhere I sit or stand I fear that my water will break. Everynight I look terrified and sleep away from poor Vince because I am scared that waking up in the middle of the night just to go pee will send him on a frenzy of trying to get me to the hospital.

I am becoming just as anxious as he is about seeing this little guy. He is so loved and he has not even arrived into this world yet. It is still so fascinating to me that our tiny little family of two will be a family of three any day now. Later today I will be heading to the doctor's office so hopefully they can tell me how I am progressing. This morning I will be adding to the hospital bag just in case they keep me in there but for some reason I have a feeling that I will be going back to deliver when I least expect it. That seems to be the case with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS