Any Day Now- The prep days
Gifts given in the hospital
With resting comes preparation. I have been scolded to sleep but it is difficult with a husband that is working daily to get last minute money coming in and your whole life as well as the baby's life stuffed into two closets. This should be a time for rest and crocheting which sets my mind at ease but there is still much to be done and due to sleeping and cleaning they still don't seem done.
Hospital Bag- Just this morning we got all we need for our journey in the hospital and with that I mean Vince and I. The baby's clothes are not washed and prepped for the hospital. Why? Because we have no dresser to put the clothes in. What to do? Early Monday morning will have to be the time to get all the clothes cleaned and push ours to the side just so we have time to get all his little clothes cleaned. A dresser would have to be purchased by either me or Vince and assembled as soon as possible or else the crib will have to be the storage place for his clothes while I get some sort of bassinet for him to rest in while everything still gets done. smh. I don't think I want that.
Nursery- While it looks mostly complete there are still some decor lacking. My idea? We have plenty decorations from the first baby shower brought to us. I figure I would decorate the room with little adorable lions, monkeys and giraffes from the shower in between time to actually decorate the room. I don't have to leave the house and I have a ladder so I don't have to reach.
Food Prep- I still have to make "prep meals" for when we get out of the hospital because I am going to be too darn tired to get up and cook and I am not excusing myself for that! He can cook if he wants but if we don't finish the dresser that can keep him pretty busy along with using those gift cards to pick up items that we missed off the registry.
Baby clothes- as many baby clothes as we have if junior is born before 39 weeks we may need a few newborn clothes just to keep him warm coming from the hospital. (they state the temp may drop a little but only in the low 70's so he should be okay) He has one onesie that I purchased from the hospital's gift shop while serving my time in the hospital. He now has mittens so he doesn't scratch that little face and I am on it today of crocheting him a hat to put over that head full of hair. (It is already confirmed, he has hair on his head.) His sleeper is for when he is nine months. (Carter's- he will be wearing it much younger than nine months since Carter's seems to run a little small.) So, now I have to take inventory of all the clothes this little one has. I know I have some Bears gear that I purchased for him but I forgot which size was for what.
Med stuff- I have the super mamma jamma pads but I am wondering if I should have just got the depends diapers for the two days in the hospital. I currently have six maxi's freezing in the freezer doused with witch hazel which I was told I will be thanking "Mama Glow" author later. I am thanking her now because I know that will be such a soothing relief. I can picture it now. . .
Soothing Music- Oh no! I don't know what music soothes me! I think it is classical but not the exciting stuff like Brahm, Beethoven and some Vivaldi. Mendelssohn, some Mozart and of course the piano solos are sure to get me and baby "in the mood" for the birthing experience. I don't have any flameless candles to calm me and I have some essentials oils of lavender but I haven't checked to see if it is any good. Another shopping trip to Whole Foods I guess.
Photo Book through pregnancy- Since I have been somewhat diligent about trying to take pictures of myself and my bump weekly I am going to make a photo book of my experience. If I can get there.
Thank You Cards- WOW! Can you believe I am almost half way done? There are a few addresses that I don't even have and the ones I do have are in my address book. . . buried away somewhere in the front closet!
The more I do the more I realize that there is STILL so much more to do!
Taken in Iowa- 33/32 weeks pregnant
(there are not a lot of pics of hubby,my bump and me)
May the preparation commence. . .

Comments
Post a Comment