What do you do on bed rest?

As of today, I have been on bed rest for well over a week and going slowly into the second week. Honestly, younger people would pass out from all the boredom but I welcome it. I am welcoming the silence and peace as baby and I have "proved" ourselves so to speak that we are healthy and just waiting out the storm for him to make his appearance in the world.



So, what do I do throughout the day that still keeps me a little chipper. I am on facebook so much more. I can't be in the outside world so I observe through all the friends I have there. Part of me is a little sad because I am missing out on some interesting things in life right about now. At this moment, there is a wedding going on that I will be unable to attend. I love going to weddings and when I know the couple is right for each other I am even more excited.

I read. Almost all my pregnancy books are read so my lovely doula stopped by on Thursday with some books of hers to borrow and give back to her. I have read the first chapter of one of the books on breastfeeding because I will need some assistance since I am not taking any classes currently.

I nap. Because when I am tired I don't fight through it anymore and keep doing whatever. I pack things up and go to sleep which since I am in my third trimester I do a lot of that these days.

I eat! I never realized how much pigging out I did NOT do while pregnant. May be that is why I stayed so "pregnant skinny" was because I was pretty selective on what I ate but I can attribute that to the gestational diabetes scare. But, my first trimester was very healthy as in salads everyday with chia seeds, smoothies, juices from the nutribullet, water all the time, etc. Before being put in here I was really into frozen yogurt and the more tart the better. Now, I have to ration out this Marble Chocolate Cake they have as an option to order for dessert here. Oh my goodness is it good!!!

I socialize. I get calls from friends and family and occasionally visits from friends and family. I love it! This has the be the first time I don't mind texts from friends and family. BH (before hospital) I was running here and there and didn't want to text because I always seemed to be in the car when a text came through. I would forget to text back. Not so much now. I chat it up and can be totally focused on the conversation and text to my heart delight. I like both right around now. Also, I know for a fact that will slow down after this baby is born.

I "exercise". I am doing kegal exercises throughout the day since the first two days I began to get in the habit of sneezing. I do foot circles and daily before and after I get out of the shower I do pelvic rocks and circles. I do some yoga where I am lying reclined and the soles of my feet are touching.

So, trying to make productive use of my time before breaking out of this space. I will not be out until the baby is born so my first lesson in childhood is PATIENCE and kids are unpredictable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS