Biding Time

I was admitted to the hospital on September 5th, 2013. On Monday, September 9th I was told that I was not leaving the hospital until I give birth to this baby. I got on bed rest at 33 weeks and currently 34 weeks pregnant. To still try to keep some normalcy, I am still reporting my pregnancy updates and keeping up with my blog probably with more intensity since I am well . . .on bed rest.


Profile shot



How far along? 34 Weeks
Total weight gain? Unsure- last weigh in was 16 pounds total at wk 33
Maternity clothes? No. Hospital gowns. Not flattering at all.
Sleep?  Not much some days. Baby kicks because of the contractions but during the day I sleep.
Best moment this week? UH, not sure. Every day has been the same. I skyped in my shower.
Miss Anything? SUNLIGHT! And going for walks to the forever yogurt, Red Mango spot
Movement? Yes and no. When being evaluated baby doesn't want to move and I have to get evaluated further. When no one is around he kicks like mad! (naughty)
Food cravings? Food that is not hospital food. Quinoa, black beans, spinach salad, etc.
Anything make you queasy or sick? No, not really.
Gender? A shy little boy! (unless he is getting an ultrasound of his winky. LOL!)
Symptoms? Contractions and not feeling them. My false labor scares the doctors and nurses. 
Belly button in or out? In! Which is a shock because I have grown so much in a week!
Wedding rings on or off? Since I came from work I just have on the wedding band. Still on!
Happy or Moody? Both. I stay happy because I know it will help me and keep him happy but also moody because I am mistrusting of my doctors since I have been switched to them.
Looking forward to? Honestly, 37 weeks. I go back to the midwives and they can help me in delivering this baby.

Wednesday Morning- one week after being admitted to the hospital
doctor: You are 5cm dilated. We are going to put you back on the IV and move you to a labor room.
Me: What!? Why move me to a labor room. It is not like I am 8cm dilated.
doctor: No, you are five.
*walks out of room*

Without the help of the nurses, I would have been in a labor room with no way to eat. I agreed to allowing the IV to once again torment my left arm as it was in my left wrist until that Sunday. I had an ultrasound on Monday which led to them wondering about the health of the baby as he refused to move for the tech. In his defense, I had pancakes, eggs, breakfast potatoes and apple juice before the ultrasound so I was full stomach and both of us were in a bit of a food coma. Wednesday after the doctor left I had another ultrasound. He started off not moving until I found my spot to press to cause him to move. He moved for her the rest of the time and the tech had a good time watching my baby wave hi, move his little hands, "breathing", and his profile shot. . . beautiful kissable lips and a cute little nose. Not sure where he got the cute little nose from. He scored perfectly letting the doctor and nurses know that nothing is wrong with him. . .he is a bit of a jokester like his daddy.

I have officially been here a week and I can honestly say this teaches someone patience and that life is not all about you. I have my happy moments and my sad moments. Honestly, there are times where I get scared but just for a second. We prepared nothing when it came to getting ready for this pregnancy. I think at 30 weeks a hospital bag should have been made for me. By the end of the first trimester the extra bedroom should have been cleared out and by the end of the second trimester we should have had the walls painted and decorated. By the beginning of my 32 week the registry should have been completed and the birth plan written up. By 27 weeks, birthing classes should have started. By 20 weeks, a Lamaze or Hypnobirthing class should have been up and running. By 33 weeks, I should have had my breastfeeding class. This was not done. I think the only thing that was done in time was the preregistration for the hospital which came in handy in this case. I kept having the feeling that I was going to have this baby early but disregarded it because of it being my first baby and they usually are too stubborn to come out so soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS