An Uneventful Day

Over memorial day weekend, I made it a point to see one of my grandmothers who fell into the hospital with headaches. She lives in Cedar Rapids, IA and since both my biological grandparents are healthy people I went to see her. We had a great time with family and came back to see my best friend which I can't bring out the news yet but she is doing very well for herself. So, I figured that Wednesday was going to be an uneventful day. I looked forward to the routine of work and coming home except that I was too have my first pregnant chiropractic appointment so I was looking forward to it.

That morning, I did my very early am run to the potty and there on my toilet paper was a little spotting. I was a bit concerned but nonetheless, I went back to bed and slept for  another two or three hours. Went back to the bathroom and the same thing. This time I told Vince. "May be you should call the midwives." He said. I agreed and called them after he left for work. I went to work and took off early to get out to Oak Park and was so distracted with my thoughts that I bumped into the car next to me. Oh no! He seemed very upset but no harm was done to his car. He still wanted my auto insurance information. I took his info as well even though he was a little disturbed I asked him about it.
   When I got to the office, I got weighed and noticed I lost a little weight. Just a pound so nothing to be concerned about. But she noticed the baby's head was sitting low in my pelvis so she grew concerned and sent me to the hospital for further tests. I still had to pick up my brother from the airport which I had no idea about so Vince was there to help. While he picked up my brother and sister in law, I was heading to the hospital being careful not to hit anyone else.
 Once there, I was friendly and polite. Checking my cervix I was 3cm and was asked about any pain with my contractions. Uh, in my mind I was not having any contractions except those Braxton Hicks ones that you are supposed to get at eight months. I was told I was spending the night here. Apparently, I was also having contractions every 2-5 minutes. To be continued. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS