Emancipation

I AM FREE!!!

Throughout all this I have to thank God for the friends and family that He placed in my life in this difficult moment. The situation happened just as fast as it was of me getting into the hospital. Friday morning, the doctor came to my room as usual but he was not about to check my cervix or tell me about how my baby's heart was doing.

Doctor: So, you will be released today.
Me: What!? Are you serious?
Doctor: The baby's heart rate has been stable for three days. He is active and there are women who run around outside a hospital dilated 5 cm with a bulging bag for weeks. We just require that you come in two days out of the week and schedule a day to come in and see me during the week.

I nodded my head in silence and in shock. Every week I was told that I was staying there until my baby is born. Now, all of a sudden I was "let loose" on the world. Me, a 5cm dilated, 100% effaced, bulging bag pregnant woman will be walking around Chicago somewhere and the bag breaks. Whoa! I didn't want them to think I was going to protest and stay there. I was giddy enough.I called Vince with the news and he had his (/my) sister-in-law come and get me from the hospital post haste. By the time I got home all the excitement of everything put me to sleep and I napped in our bed with my body pillow that I missed so much!
. . .now, time for the rest of the planning to begin.
But, when I got home. . . chaos! There were gifts everywhere! Some of the items were things that I purchased off that addictive web site called zulily.com and mostly everything else were from baby showers and shipped packages from friends and family from out of town. It was pure madness! But, seeing the baby's room made me want to cry. To think that all of that had been done while I was down and out in the hospital

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS