Two Weeks In

Cards, gifts, and goodies
It has been two and a half weeks since I been a "prisoner" at this hospital. For what it is worth I am actually not as bad off as you would think. The nurses here are completely amazing! I have had a tour of the birthing center here which I discovered that this birthing unit is PRO BREASTFEEDING!!! Which makes me feel so much better about birthing here. I went to Starbucks, took a stroll all at the comfort of the wheelchair that the nurse rolled me around in. They also snuck me some goodies from the cafe and not the stuff they give the patients. Much better in taste!

I have been sleeping more this week though but I am assuming that my body is storing up all that energy to birth my little one. I have met mostly all the staff and they are good people- we have late night chats, we cry together, have breakthroughs and learn something new. I even found out you can spend $180 on a cut and color at a pretty decent salon. Yikes!
"Hello Lil Nugget!"
I also had my share of visitors. Every visit I treasure and make me realize how amazing my friends are! My room is now filled with treats, gifts, snacks and flowers to brighten my day and spirit. My grandmother calls daily and reads bible verses to me. I get loads of phone calls with people expressing that they are praying for me and the baby.
Whoot whoot! 35 weeks!
Yes, my tummy has its own zip code. I am still wearing my wedding ring and after taking this picture they removed that IV port only to place another one on once I go into labor. I won't go into too much detail on progress but this baby is almost ready to make his appearance as the only thing that is staying put is the amnio bag that the baby is sitting in. My contractions are irregular and I still can't feel them so it could be any day or another two weeks. Doctors and nurses are predicting a swift labor once I go. I do think it is a little odd that I called the midwives to see if there is a chance I can go back to them and have the water birth I so hoped and they never gave me a response. I think I am stuck with the Ob's here at the hospital but I only want to know why. But it does confuse me that the midwives' nurse told me that I SAID I WANTED to have my care turned over to the Ob's but that was not the case. The MIDWIVES told me that they were transferring my care over to the OB's. No one can give me a straight answer and I am at the point that it is all politics and I am a little disturbed by it. At this point, it is all out of my control so prayer has been keeping me sane.

Well, I am heading to bed. I will try to get on her tomorrow if I am not comatosed.



Comments

  1. Aww, my nugget made your blog. 💗💚💛💙

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS