Reflection on Summer
This Spring, I got to see so many friends I have not seen in a while and do not one but two five mile races all while getting trim and working towards being a fitness instructor.
This Summer was so much more. I did not take the trips that I took in the Spring but I did become a licensed Chiropractor which puts a HUGE smile on my face as well as running in two more summer races. . .
This Summer was so much more. I did not take the trips that I took in the Spring but I did become a licensed Chiropractor which puts a HUGE smile on my face as well as running in two more summer races. . .
I became a Sculpt Instructor for a very small and intimate fitness studio. (Should you want to try out my class, make sure to check my facebook page. I am always blabbing about it. Also, the link is below!) I made some new friends. . .
I also mean the births too! (above, Mila)
Above, Emma with the snuggly baby blanket I made for her.
Above, Mostafa. You gotta love the onesie mom put on him
Also, a friend got to say "good bye" to her twenties and is now joining me in the "dirty thirty" club. . .
Her and her "walker" smh.
To end off Summer, there was a good little "Girls Weekend" in the Dells. . . .
This pic will forever be to describe the summer of 12
Oh, How could I forget Six Flags Great America. . .
I got a chance to go to Taste of Chicago, I got to be in a video, pulled up weeds, did cartwheels in the grass, created a bouquet for my sister-in-law's wedding, sold my spare wedding dress for a bride that wanted a fast wedding. Oh, I forgot about those weddings this summer. I BBQ'ed for the first time the fourth of July, I made only the second diaper cake ever and it was great. I perfected my Spanish rice for hubby. I started this blog. I went to my first ever all you can eat Vegan/Vegetarian buffet. I went to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I ran from Lincoln Park and it was not even 3 miles. (lol) A friend camped out over here and I sent her back with some Vegetarian comfort food. I found another friend that lives in the city. I learned my way around downtown (finally!) and learned about some great deals! I toured the neighborhood during the garden walk and discovered I have some great neighbors from artists who have been living here since the seventies all the way to retired lawyers and their rooftop decks make you think why would you move out to the burbs. I found a non-denominational church closer to the house with great and friendly people. I am still trying to get hubby there. Hey, we even saw a horse and carriage go past our home. . .
Oh my, my niece graduated from high school and is currently in her first year of college! Wow! I am old!
Don't get any better than that!
Ok, so Summer was quite the fun one this year. Kinda makes up for the prior years. . . may be!
(summer 2011)
(from top to bottom- Cali trip, Yoga Sculpt Teacher Training certificate, Friend Lisa's baby shower and doggy sitting Max)
But, I was in school that year and mom's health began to decline in the summer. But, we also got Max this summer and he became a ham with the camera. . .
Ok, Summer 2012 was so much cooler than the year before. Except, I lost my grandmother. . .
RIP- Grandma Ethel. I love you so much!
Life, death and everything in between happened this summer. I know it was a lot but that is life. As you get older, it gets more colorful and things to make you think and reflect. I wonder how Autumn will turn out. Not sure but I have three races prepped for this time and this month will be the first time I will not be able to call my mother and wish her a Happy Birthday. (16th of September) Instead, I will be running for her- both hubby and I. But, I know she is looking down on me with a smile and having a good talk with grandma Ethel about the past eight months she missed out on. As for all these new babies, I can not wait to see what type of people you will become. I have already declared Mostafa as president. He will be our first Muslim president of the United States as he is already fighting sleep. Mila will be a counselor for teen girls who are pregnant. Emma will be a philanthropist with her husband fighting for a nobel cause. Summer 2012- excellent . . .as I predicted!
Happy hopes and thoughts. . .accomplished.




Comments
Post a Comment