Learning experiences can be painful

I am thinking the only thing to do in this situation is to either become an Independent contractor or just start my own practice or partner up with someone.

As I have been pretty silent about things on this front, I am currently working. I will keep quiet as to who and where but basically it has become a living "career" nightmare. All through school I kept it pretty open about my thoughts: adjustments, pre-surgery, and boosting immunity has been all about the Chiropractors as we are a gentle (so I thought) therapy without the use of surgery and prescription drugs. I told people and believed that being a Physical Therapist was rehabiliation and Chiropractors can get in on it but not the rehab exercises part. As my school grew more and more into rehab and Chiropractic boards' PT examination became more and more rehab exercises and less physiotherapeutics I began to wonder to myself and worry. My dream was to work in an integrative practice working with an array of different specializations to better treat a patient. I would be a doctor among many as we came up with a number of different solutions to solve the main issue: We know X, Y and Z so how do we treat this patient?

I never thought I would take the first job. I never thought I would actually be working for a surgeon. I am and I have not been there long at all and I am looking for another job. What is frustrating is this. . . I think I have set myself up. An associateship is no longer an associateship. An associateship is now an independent contractor position where the owner does not have to pay benefits and gets some of the docs profits all while still training them.

So, such as love. . . you have to kiss a few frogs before meeting your prince. Right?

Kissing a frog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS