Takeout in the COVID-19 world!
WELCOME TO COVID-19 WORLD! Where you can't leave your house! You don't have a job and if you do, you are restricted to your computer. I called a week off to regroup, disinfect my computer and home and to reassure the owner that I am coming back. ( I left my chiropractic table there as ransom that I am coming back. Mama loves her chiro table!)
When I got home last night, what did I do but check out this "order and deliver" method. These days I have not been dining in anyway so I continued my "faith" in GrubHub. And, as there is no secret in my location I am in Chicago, IL. With being in a big food mecca as I am the list of entrees is endless. As a new baby vegan, the supply is also selective. I wanted to try a place I have not eaten in yet and I believe the universe has been providing me with more selection for my culinary life pattern. I heard a lot about a newer place called Ground Control! which has sprung in Logan Square neighborhood which is not far from where I live. I went for it. I was not disappointed. (The pictures were taken so fast that I did not display the food pretty or grab a special camera. OK!)
I ordered a gyro sandwich and I thought I was going to get a sandwich in pita bread that was some tvp mess that tasted just like it and left me with abdominal cramping. This was not it. It had a lot of flavor and did not leave me with pain and gas. The "gyro meat" was actually very seasoned mushrooms. YUM! It came with fries that were also in the sandwich. So delish! The lettuce was a shocker but a healthy touch. I felt like I needed leafy greens in my life that night so it was a good thing they were on there. You might not be in the mood for it but if you are in Chicago and are looking for some refreshing, yummy, vegan fare this may be it!
The cons
GrubHub and I have been not the best of friends. The last time I ordered something from GrubHub was in January and it took two and a half hours to get to me. I ate a 8:45PM!! Kind of late. I had to put my food away- not to mention it was cold when I got it.
This time, I accidentally pressed the "delivery" button when I should have picked it up. $22.37 for a sandwich and some fries! I was so pissed! I spoke to one of the people at Ground Control for my issues and the delivery driver. I thanked them for their service. When I opened the bag of my food I saw this. . .
The note says:
When I got home last night, what did I do but check out this "order and deliver" method. These days I have not been dining in anyway so I continued my "faith" in GrubHub. And, as there is no secret in my location I am in Chicago, IL. With being in a big food mecca as I am the list of entrees is endless. As a new baby vegan, the supply is also selective. I wanted to try a place I have not eaten in yet and I believe the universe has been providing me with more selection for my culinary life pattern. I heard a lot about a newer place called Ground Control! which has sprung in Logan Square neighborhood which is not far from where I live. I went for it. I was not disappointed. (The pictures were taken so fast that I did not display the food pretty or grab a special camera. OK!)
I ordered a gyro sandwich and I thought I was going to get a sandwich in pita bread that was some tvp mess that tasted just like it and left me with abdominal cramping. This was not it. It had a lot of flavor and did not leave me with pain and gas. The "gyro meat" was actually very seasoned mushrooms. YUM! It came with fries that were also in the sandwich. So delish! The lettuce was a shocker but a healthy touch. I felt like I needed leafy greens in my life that night so it was a good thing they were on there. You might not be in the mood for it but if you are in Chicago and are looking for some refreshing, yummy, vegan fare this may be it!
The cons
GrubHub and I have been not the best of friends. The last time I ordered something from GrubHub was in January and it took two and a half hours to get to me. I ate a 8:45PM!! Kind of late. I had to put my food away- not to mention it was cold when I got it.
This time, I accidentally pressed the "delivery" button when I should have picked it up. $22.37 for a sandwich and some fries! I was so pissed! I spoke to one of the people at Ground Control for my issues and the delivery driver. I thanked them for their service. When I opened the bag of my food I saw this. . .
The note says:
"We threw in a slice of Vegan triple chocolate for the grubhub trouble!
Thanks!
Ground Control"
Ground Control- you will see me again! This time though, I am calling dag nabit!!! LOL!
#weareinthistogether #Earthstrong #HumanitycanbeatCOVID19
Eclectic Lotus


Comments
Post a Comment