Day 4 at home in the "New Normal"

You know? I hate to call this the "New Normal". This is just until this virus passes. More people will wash their hands and keep some form of social distancing. So, here it is Thursday and I have taken this week off from work. I intend to go back next week and hubby will take off the week before but we have to figure out to maneuver and still make an income that will provide for our family such as groceries. Since I am home, it reduces my need for jumping in the car so less opportunity to get gas. We have been less wasteful with food as I am eating my scraps more so reducing the need for groceries but we have many bulk items that I purchased way before there was a threat. The things we grab from the grocery store- herbs, butter, milk, eggs and fresh produce. Fresh produce is available in good numbers as canned goods are sparce. In my home, we don't buy a lot of canned goods anyway so it didn't slow our groove.
Golden Coffee
1 tblsp tumeric
almond milk creamer
coffee
sweetner

I have been drinking this for the past three days to add a little more anti-inflammatory boost. I bought a whole pineapple and the kids and I devoured it in two days. I must admit that I have been battling a cold for the past month and last week was the straw that broke. Over the weekend, I was treating myself to herbal tea with echinacea and slippery elm. I wipe down our floors daily with soap, water and essential oils such as lemon or eucalyptus and tea tree. I have made soup loaded with garlic and tomato paste. So, this week has been cleansing, relaxing, busy and healing.

Today, we are not as organized as the apartment has been pretty clean for a mom working from home, educating her kids and trying to heal from the common cold. 
Monday's lunch- fishless tacos with cabbage, red onions and cilantro jazzed up with lime and the pineapples are for yummy decor. (yes, I ate the pineapples.)
Wednesday's lunch- veggie stir fry with noodles. I bought the noodles, "Healthy Noodle" from Costco and I am not regretting it at all. The veggies are onions, ginger, garlic, spinach, cabbage and shiitake mushrooms. The baby even loved it but I think she only wanted the noodles though.

Wednesday dinner- Gordas (a Mexican dish) made by hubby. I added plant based butter and sour cream. My mother in law made the red sauce or the salsa- tomatoes, water, peppers and adds canola oil in order to preserve the salsa. My husband used masa and hot water so no lard- vegan Mexican is the best!

I am currently taking vegan supplements but I think I may have to retrace and redo my vitamin intake. Since I have juices and mostly plant based many of my vitamins and nutrients are provided. Being a vegan or vegetarian is healthy but also detailed. You must be aware of nutrients placed in the body and go from there.
I like Mega Food as many of their supplements are vegan. I had to replace my Skin, Nails and Hair chewable as it contains gelatin. Gelatin is created from the bones of either a pig or cow. Because I make many dishes and add nutritional yeast I much be very careful about supplementation as the Skin, Nails and Hair contains many B vitamins ( Biotin- B7) with a few others.
This is my first experience with VegLife and only because it was recommended on the vegan.org website. So far, so good.

Will post again about supplements as I am modifying my nutrients. Good luck!

Eclectic Lotus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS