Our New Normal- Day by Day

Yes, I am making more of an effort to post making up for the countless months of abandonment. Can you ever forgive me? If not, it is okay- not a lot of people read this blog so you are good.

YouTube
They are releasing some free movies. I saw SheDevil at work and it gave me a much needed laugh

Cable Providers
Leaving many free movies and giving free subscriptions for showtime, HBO, Starz. Check with your provider to see if you get some free goodies. ( We have Xfinity- comcast in IL)


I guess this is in fact due to the lock down here in IL as we are not permitted to leave the house starting 5PM today. The day is murky and I am not willing to take the kids out but I feel like I have no choice. This is the time where I will have to come up with a plan for me and my kids as I am taking a week off the office. I am worried if the office will even be open when I get back on the 30th of March. So many arrangements! So many up in the air's! I know I am not alone in this. So, after this entry I will try to touch back daily with natural things I am doing and what me and my tribe are up to. This is not as nerve wrecking in our home because we are used to struggling times but in our little world here is what is going down:

March 13th: closure of all IL state schools. We made the sad decision to take our son to my mother-in-law's as she is the only one that could watch him that we trust and won't hassle us for money. (We had a feeling we were about to be strapped.) This happened AFTER I send the down deposit for our daughter's birthday party in late April.

March 15th: Went to the neighborhood Aldi where there were bare shelves




I waited in line for about 30 minutes to purchase my grocery items which did not include meat or bread. Also, no waffles which the kiddoes love!

The week we struggled trying to maintain a new normal as I got two children ready and sent them two ways as the baby's daycare was still open. Her daycare class was at 9 including her. The class size is 12. As the week pressed on, it diminished to just 2. I was worried that they were going to close the day care but they assured me that the day care was not closing down.

Thursday March 19th: The new cases jump up by 128. I walk into work and demand to take a week off. They threaten to replace me. I stay on for Friday and find a thermometer for the office.

Friday March 20th: I go to work and begin scanning patients while treating them. I am doing adjustments to the thoracic spine in order to help boost immunity.* We get the order from the governor and mayor of Chicago that the state will be on lock down meaning we can only leave the house for essential items. The parks and libraries have been closed.

Saturday March 21st: The daycare announced they will be closed to April 7th.

*jumps up and shakes body* Well, let's get this new normal going.

Salut! A Demain!
Eclectic Lotus
P.S.-If you need the link, go purchase my book as an e-reader or to have it shipped to the house and make your own prayers during this rough time. I hear it has helped inspire some elderly in nursing homes. The link is below!


*-J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2006 Jan;29(1):14-21. Spinal manipulative therapy reduces inflammatory cytokines but not substance P production in normal subjects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS