The Responsibility of an Adult
The more and more we grow into adulthood the more you have to think about. I think that is why adults think in the future and babies and little kids think in the now.
This home is for sale right now. It is in the Galewood neighborhood in Chicago.
Want it? Here is the link below:
We keep saying that we are going to get a house. All the responsibility of a house. . .we want that! We want to have a home to own and call our own and do fun things with like add a fireplace. (I grew up in a house that had a fireplace and I would LOVE to have one in our home.) I think that is just the way we are as adults. You get married, you have kids and of course you are going to have to have a house for all those dreams of family. Well, apparently the interest rates and prices are rising which is making buyers slightly nervous and willing to buy. I am wondering if we should take this opportunity. There is another part of me that feels like that is it. This is where we are settling. Because we bought this house we are here to stay in the Chicago area. I always thought I would move elsewhere. There is that irresponsible youth again.
Our already high health insurance is getting higher AFTER we have our baby. My husband looked at his boss and wondered about his pay check. I must admit there are times where I feel like life is trying to get us down but then I tell myself that, "this is just a test. You will be fine." So, we also have to begin looking for better and cheaper health insurance. I picked that picture because I feel like that will be me once the baby is born. If I have another baby (we are not planning on it) we are having the baby at home. It is so much cheaper!
How we can save money on taxes. Sounds like some underground secret but hubby spoke with his boss who gave him some pointers for me on how to save some money come tax season. So, I guess I will be calling my tax guy and ask him, "Why didn't you tell us this?" I honestly don't trust the tax guys. They charge too much money to go through your life from a year. Then, in my case there is always something missing either that I forgot to add or something they forgot to tell me or they threw it away. I guess taxes are quite. . .well. . . taxing and cam become difficult. Our returns are short and last year we were slammed because I dropped out of school (which I could no longer afford) and we had no kids. We think we might get a break this year since our baby will be born in October.
I am posting the nitty gritty of my life as a lesson. When the opportunity presents itself- buy that house, demand better prices and better care givers on your health insurance and even though it is not tax season see what else was missing from the prior years that you can improve for this coming up tax season.
Learn from experience



Comments
Post a Comment