Multi Cultural Miracle

When I first found out I was pregnant as I stated before I was in shock. This pregnancy was not planned but it was also the best surprise of this year! I began to day dream about the personality of this child and the way we will be as a family of three and not a family of two. Once heading to work and talking to people outside my husband there was something that I did not think about. . .the fact that this will indeed be a Black and Mexican child. So, to some we are having a biracial baby.
Yes, I saw this commercial. Didn't think it applied to me.

Funny part is I tell people I AM racist. Sometimes I feel more ignorant than anything because I don't notice these things. I have not even begun to see that I have many couple friends that are interracial marriages and have babies or about to have babies. I just don't notice these things and I honestly can't tell you why. At first, I do because if it is a girlfriend of mine and she is dating someone yeah I am pointing out everything. Once they are happy and content it erases from my mind completely.

Just yesterday one of my assistants brought out this picture that she found on facebook of a baby girl with green eyes and curly jet black hair. She told me this is what my baby will look like. I told her probably not. I have had people ask me if I am curious of what my child will look like. Well, I do. Any normal pregnant woman wonders what their child will look like. I actually hoped this baby looks like its daddy because he is an attractive devil- to me at least. As far as will the child appear more Mexican or more Black, I don't know. That is the topic I have not thought about and honestly, I really don't care to think about. I just pray my child is healthy, happy, and the sweetest baby in the world!


When I first met my now husband back in 2005, I saw a man with an amazing smile and highly attractive. During the first date I did ask him where was his family from. When he took me around to meet friends and family there was a question about me being Nigerian or from Ghana. I guess I did not "behave" as what others thought a Black/African American should be. I began to see how uncomplicated my relationship was with Vince and grew so much more in love with him. No shouting. No yelling. No pressure to kiss on the first date or sleep together that night. He was open and responsive to Jesus and seemed like he knew he was there just not the whole process. I tried to run away because I was falling for him. I did and I fell hard!


When I look at our pictures from our wedding in Mexico I see a happy couple. . .not a multicultural couple. I never thought I could love someone as much as I do him. If I ever get mad at him he smiles or cracks a joke which 99% of the time makes me laugh and I look into those warm brown eyes and fall in love once again, forgetting why I was upset at him in the first place. Not to say that we never discuss race and culture. We do but again I never think of us as a multicultural couple, just a happy one with a bright future.

If there are rumors or negative things people have said about our relationship or our future offspring I have not heard them and I honestly don't care. Vince and this baby were not a part of my life plan and what is funny about it is they are the best strays from my life plan ever! I am so happy I got off my life plan and veered over to God's life plan for me. This baby will be raised in love, laughter, God, education and working. I must admit I have already bought three books for the little one and I am only 31 weeks pregnant.

As I look to the friends that have biracial babies the kids are well-adjusted, beautiful and in homes of love. They don't seem any different from my friends that have kids that are NOT in multicultural marriages. In my opinion all their kids are beautiful and I try to display them on my fb timeline because children are beautiful blessings from God and it should never be displayed that I am going to have a baby with "good hair" or my child will be beautiful because I "am Black and he is Mexican".

One day, Vince touched my stomach and said "Yes, you will be mostly Black, Mexican and a small amount of Italian." I giggled and said, "You forgot a dash of American Indian." We looked at each other and laughed because we are both American and it doesn't even matter.
The happy couple and their future offspring. . .100% God's child

Side note: due to creepy people stealing photos of my friends children I have opted to NOT to post any more of their photos on any of my blogs until I know how to lock them so no one can steal them.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS