Oatmeal nurture
I am a huge fan of oatmeal. I wanted that to be my first sentence because this blog is about one recipe that my 14 month old son adores and I want to share it. I have always loved oatmeal and when I discovered that there is two different preparation styles my mouth dropped. Currently, steel cut oats are my favorite between the two main styles. There are times where I will use old fashioned rolled oats but only due to the texture.
This recipe which I have no name for but I am sure it is something like banana oatmeal creme
This recipe which I have no name for but I am sure it is something like banana oatmeal creme
Ingredients
1 1/4 cup of water
1 1/4 cup of water
1/4 steel cut oats
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 ripe banana
1 1/2 Tbsp Plain Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
1. Boil water in pot
2. Slowly add oats when water is at a mild boil. Stir while adding
3. Stir and cook for five minutes under medium heat
4. While simmering for thirty minutes add cinnamon
5. When thickened, remove from heat and add to bowl
6. Cut up and mush ripe banana
7. Add banana and stir into oats
8. Add Greek Yogurt to oats and banana
9. Serve
Of course there are time when I will add almond milk to make it more runny so when I make this it never looks the same.
This was made two days ago
This was made in late October
Each time my son has enjoyed the oatmeal. I hope that you enjoy it as well and do what you will with it. Oatmeal is a great healthy meal that can decrease blood sugar, alleviate nervousness an anxiety, add an extra boost of healthy protein and FIBER- what all of us Americans need. Enjoy and as someone's mother or grandmother would say . . . EAT YOUR OATMEAL!


Comments
Post a Comment