Ginger Tea- Old School

If you have yet to discover I have shortened many of my posts simply because life is wild, fast, as well as an exhilarating adventure. Soak and bask in all of life!

Recently, there has been a massive cold epidemic in our home. So, I gave this *free* information to a few of my patients and I thought it would be a great idea to post it on here as well.

Ginger is amazing!!! I must note that I really, really, REALLY LOVE GINGER! (Note the capitals and the exclamation points.) It is sweet and spicy which I adore together. Zingiber officinalis is the scientific name for it.

Ginger is also warming and an anti inflammatory which is a great antibiotic. I won't go into specifics on the mechanism but if you would like just send me a comment below and I will try to answer it as rapidly as possible. (Within a few days is my going rate.) In TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) ginger is a warming herb so I buy it more in bulk during the cold winter and drink it in tea. How I make my tea is simply cut thin pieces of this herb as in the first picture and apply hot water. If there is a cough or some chest congestion I will add organic wildflower honey. If I am getting a fever I may just have it plain as it can increase heat or sweating. I must caution as I am nursing I do not drink it as much as I used to simply because the warming sensation will go through the breast milk. Here is a "life hack" so to speak- I may give this to my husband and mother-in-law with some honey and add Halls cough drops with the hot water. It tends to really give their colds and cough a nice kick in the kiester! My mother in law is asking a lot more: Tienes jengibre?  Which means, "Do you have any ginger?" I think I got the house hooked.

Enjoy! God bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS