Leftover food
Since finances have run tight, since last year I have made promises to myself to not waste as much food. Today's lunch was made with that idea in mind.
Veggie pinto scramble
1/2 avocado
1 clove garlic (or garlic powder)
Mixed veggie puree
Two eggs
1/2 can pinto beans
2 tablespoons chopped frozen spinach
One cup rice (I used basmati rice with cumin seeds added)
Teaspoon smoked paprika
One teaspoon garam masala
One tablespoon coconut oil
Throw rice in rice cooker. Add coconut oil in small skillet. Add diced clove of garlic and frozen spinach. After a minute, add eggs and scramble them. (I either scramble before adding to skillet or after adding.) Add spices before adding puree and beans. Beans should be added last. Let cook for one more minute. Grab avocado and cut in half. Cut into "pretty" slices and serve with scramble and rice.
My food looks messy but I know that it will look messy on him and I am ok with that. I also eat it so we can have our little lunch together.
Veggie puree
One half bag of trader Joe's vegetable melange
1-2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
Place in nutra bullet and blend for 30 seconds.
Hope it comes out even better for you. It was pretty good!
God bless
Comments
Post a Comment