COVID- Let the challenge begin!



 On 12/22/21 (which I discovered is a palindrome day) I was getting ready for work for my birthday. I had my food neatly stowed in my bag. Then, my phone rings and it is our operations manager at the attached surgery center. I had 10 different scenarios in my mind of what the phone conversation would be. 

tech: "Doctor, I just want to say, ' Happy Birthday' and 'You tested positive for COVID. The tests came back.'"

I was waiting for that response. After two negative tests took two days prior to my positive test and hearing from people I interacted with over the weekend, I was pretty sure I had it but did not display any symptoms. I dropped everything and told my husband.

I almost forgot my scrubs were hung up.
Breakfast- oatmeal with blueberries, pecans, Honeysuckle, and Astragulus tea. End the meal with monolaurin.

 I got into some regular clothes and took a walk. It was interesting because I have not had the opportunity to go for a walk in a while.

Where is this dog's owner?
Wait. . . I don't think this is a simple "dog". Oh my!
Once I got home, I called my family to see how they were doing. We sat home, watched TV, and spoke with family and friends on the phone. I had no plans for my birthday but we mentioned watching the new Matrix movie and we checked to see if it was streaming. . . it was. We planned to watch it over the evening. By mid-day, I took a walk with my daughter and we gathered pinecones.  
 
Later in the day, when the sun began to set- the fevers began. All of us but my son had a fever. I kept cleaning and prepping food while my husband rested. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS