Veganuary: The fight for vegans (part I)

 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!  As we head into a new year, I am advancing in my studies to work in functional medicine but not yet seeing any patients as I got back into a different field of my Chiropractic work. Basically, I am going two different directions. So, I am going to add some of my knowledge on here while I get my other blog back started in order to gain some insight on other foods. I am placing it on here because I began my vegan journey last year with some mild hiccups but I tried to add recipes on here. So, here is the first of a series that I am encountering. I am noticing the push back . So, this will be a series of supplements that can be used as being a vegan. Here are the headlines for vegans:

-low iron

-low protein

-low white blood cell count

-low B12

-low choline

 Now, some of the foods that I place on here are for people just jumping into this plant life. I do not recommended continuing many of the "like" products for a long remainder of time. Why? Because it should only get you on board for reducing meat and the urge for meat. It is still ok to eat once in a while but many of these foods are over-processed and loaded in sodium- if you are eating for health, this severely defeats the purpose as many become vegetarians and vegans because of health reasons. There is also nature, carbon footprint, and animal abuse which I won't get into detail about. I am not a scientist and would have to learn more than I need to. I am going for the healthy aspect. I also am for a paleo diet if you should go that way and I say this a lot because I don't want anyone to think that I am against eating meat. I am against PROCESSED FOODS which include breads and sugar. I am against meat that has been tampered meaning had steroids added to increase the production of milk and to make the animal fat in a short period of time. That is the reason switched to a vegetarian diet. My body was not doing well with a standard American diet. I kept dairy but I actually removed milk and cheese only to be taken occasionally throughout my 30's. As you get older, your GI system ages as well. My GI system is not processing dairy the way it used to. My GI system is not processing processed foods as it once did. This is why I am shifting to a more plant-based diet. Also, for me, menopause is coming and I want to have as little side effects as possible. I also want a strong and healthy body as I had kids later in life. I listen to my body and now with the studies I am doing I want to be able to teach others. Okay, enough  talk.


Supplements

I am going to reference to myself: March 2020

In this entry, I discussed vegan supplements that I purchased at a trusted store and the effects. I eventually shifted into a company called Sapling in order to provide some better nutrients:

Sapling Vegan Products

My autumn picture of the Pre and Probiotics supplement
I needed a better product than the one I had. I think I mentioned that I juiced and that should be enough- WRONG! I give bad advice once in a while. Get your supplements as a vegan! It is crucial. I have met many people that have tried to be a vegetarian/vegan and they had shock to the system. There could have been many different reasons but one of the biggest things is that YOU. NEED. TO. GET. SOME. HELP! Nutrients are crucial and how meat is loaded with steroids, the Earth is depleted. You can eat healthy daily but they are tracking nutrients that are even low in MEAT EATERS! I currently take the supplement that you see above along with their women's multivitamin. Right now, it is enough. I have yet to have blood work but I am working on that. 

To be continued. . . 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS