A Teary December Post
*Disclaimer, I may tear up so I am assuming you will too*
So long. So many things that have happened.
I moved to Chicago from nearby Milwaukee slightly over 15 years ago. I didn't know that many people. I had no networks. I just had one "friend" and a guy who wanted to marry me. I had just lost my father. We were selling his home. I rented a UHaul truck and moved with some friends and family helping me into my plush apartment near the lake. The first day I moved, I met my now-husband. This man, the youngest in a family of 10. A different culture from me. I made the decision to become a doctor- a chiropractor at that which is considered a meta-doctor. I never had plans to marry. I was supposed to leave Chicago and Illinois after seven years. I never had intentions to have children. I didn't want to work with auto-accident cases. I didn't want to work in workman's compensation. I just wanted that fabulous professional life with my professional friends, traveling, maybe a boyfriend here and there but me and myself.
I have not been as available as we closed on our first home:
We are not traditional in the least. I married this man with whom I consider my air at 29 years old. We did not have our children immediately after marriage. I was almost 40 giving birth to our second child. I received my doctorate at 30. Now, we are homeowners at 45 and 40 respectively. Nothing about us is "normal"- and I LOVE THAT!!! Come to my house and you will see a child playing the piano- no teacher here as we are self-teaching. ( We don't sound concert-style but we are trying.) I am protective of my family and now this house as you see the house picture in the dark. I feel as though my mother had a hand in helping us find this home. It looks somewhat similar to the house I grew up in. I hear her speaking to me about this home. She is happy. I can hear her saying, "Look! Now, that is a yard!" ( We had a discussion after I got married about finding a home in the neighborhood in Chicago we live in and she stated that there was no yard. Yeah, ok. It is the city. LOL!)
I started this entry the day after we closed on the house and now, it has become an "end of the year" post. I can tell you without a doubt what I am the most happy that I am bringing in to 2021.
*Edit- Post is currently incomplete. In moving mode as well as other "things". Will post up mid-January when things die down "a little". *

Comments
Post a Comment