I Fell Off and How I Jumped Back On

I fell. I admit it. There have been more times than I have fallen off the wagon and ate something that I knew was not vegan. There have been plenty of times that I have either not eaten or eaten something I know I should not have. There are many times where I am questioning using Carmex. ( If you are fully adopting the vegan lifestyle you should know that Carmex has beeswax in it. Many of those chapstick products do. Yikes!) Also, my hair products- totally not vegan but once again I just can NOT give up honey. They are one of the reasons I love bees so very much. I love their throw up. (Please look that up before judgment.)
This dish in particular. It was sooooo good but it had eggs in it. Everything was vegan except for those eggs!!

So, I re-evaluated my life. Once again. ( I feel like this will NOT be the last time.) Let's try this again. . .

My vegan French Toast

Aaaaaaah! L'amour. So, in order to make this, there are a couple things you should have on deck. . .



The bread did not have the symbol of vegan but it stated that it was made in a plant that had no animal products in it. Angelic Bake House is the name of the company and this is their seven-grain bread. Melt is butter that I posted in the past. I still use them and recommend them until I can find something that tastes even more like butter but I haven't found it yet. Califia Farms is highly recommended by many of the vegan cooks I follow online and I think this might have been on sale so I am using this instead of adding vanilla extract. The way I made this you are not going to want to add extra vanilla extract.

Ingredients
1. 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
2. 1 teaspoon nutmeg
3. 2 cups of almond milk ( you can use oat, coconut, cashew, etc milk. The flavor may vary though so I warned you)
4. 2 overripe bananas (I used a teaspoon of flax powder and water to make my extra "egg")

Grab your bowl and mash up the bananas- this should take about two minutes when you want the consistency just right!
When completed, add your spices

Add your "milk" and whip it up. I did not use a whisk like I normally would so I used a fork.
(Yes, we got VIDEO! I think the kids were sleeping so I could successfully create a video. No YouTube videos yet.  ;) )

Add the bread and a greased hot griddle and get to work. I should mention between the stirring I got my pancake griddle and added the "butter" to the griddle ( or skillet- again, I am not a chef) to melt and then added the bread.
This smelled so good!

I love to make my food look extremely appealing while also adding some functionality to the matter. 
Voila! My vegan french toast. I added maple syrup, blueberries, pecans, and coconut whipped cream. OMG!!! It tasted as good as it looked. I think I have the confidence to create pancakes now and I got some more bananas ripening. To compare and contrast, I made standard french toast for the rest of the family.
The batter was a little more yellow but it did not smell as pretty. I used the same almond milk because my husband is lactose intolerant and refuses to get away from the cow for milk so he drinks it in his coffee. Needless to say, we run out of the standard milk within a few days. Also, being a working mom and homeschooling that kills a step of adding vanilla extract.

The smell was familiar but after making the vegan french toast, all I smelled was the eggs. It didn't smell as pretty. It still smelled good though but not like that first set. Well, I must get ready for work. Have a great day!
Plotting my life
Eclectic Lotus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS