Are You and/or the Kids Are on Fire? No! You are OK!
Are the kids on fire right about now? No. You are doing a good job. I feel like we all need to hear that at this time. Since it has been well over a month since the stay at home recommendations, I have seen more people lose it with me being in that group. It is okay to lose it- I am personally giving you permission to lose it.
I figured that we would be able to hold it all in since we have been down this rabbit hole before. Not going anywhere with the kids. Being able to work while they are at home. Working and managing. But, I also had to step back once again and realize that we have NOT been here before. When I was not working and I had a baby and a preschooler- WE COULD LEAVE THE HOUSE! Granted, we were just on a tight budget and the libraries were open and there were free trips to the museums here in Chicago. We had parks open where I could take him to just play in the park for an hour or two. We don't have that now. We have money because hubby and I work but I hate how GrubHub does wages and tax the restaurant for service and add special taxes to the people paying for the food. Most times, we just call the restaurant directly but still. . . IT IS NOT THE SAME!
On the weekends, I am at home with them all day and working- the same as many parents right about now. During the week is a completely different story. I work. Only 5 hours a week but I do work. I set the boy up for his lessons if he wakes up early but we have been letting him sleep in. When I get home from seeing patients:
1. I leave my shoes at the door
2. I take off all my clothes
3. I touch absolutely NO ONE
4. I grab a towel- barely
5. I jump in the shower
6. My clothes get thrown in the dirty clothes
Every week, I figure out a new way to week it to make it even safer for my kids. I worry every day since I came back from my week off in March that I am going to bring it home to my kids. I worry my husband is going to bring it home to us. I act as if I have it in the office. I have begun to seek out testing sites so I can get tested. My car gets cleaned like mad from the inside. My phone gets cleaned twice a day. The keyboard gets cleaned once and sometimes twice daily. The floor gets cleaned up daily. The floor gets cleaned with either baking soda, vinegar, hot water, and tea tree oil or we get some good old fashioned bleach and water.
| A tulip from our yard. |
I found this site on Pinterest to make some thumbprint wishes.
I am putting this up so if you would like to try it- please do so! I just removed all the paint out of our house.
I have been having problems with the printables so I decided to make my own:
It was a little therapeutic. The boy got to his picture right away!
The girl didn't add as much care to it. I missed out on a picture and just hung them both up. The gardening has been helping a bit as well:
As for my diet, I am keeping it mostly vegan with some small exceptions. I bit into a grilled cheese sandwich today and I was not feeling it- AT ALL! It wasn't that it was nasty. In fact it was pretty delish but I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't want it. I have been noticing that my tastes have not been in the mind set of wanting dairy. I get in my moods where I want an egg but that hasn't happened right about now. Now, I am heading to bed. I worked a little bit but I am so tired from the day and the emotional roller coaster from this week. ( I had my first COVID patient die on Friday.) So, please stay safe. Have a great one!
Eclectic Lotus


Comments
Post a Comment