Un-schooling the girl

Picture was taken from Texas Homeschooling website. Check it out!

My daughter needs to be schooled as she was getting some of the education she needed in daycare. Her prepared unschooling has to begin as we have been spending much of our time with our son and his e-learning. While I was at home, I provided some activities and videos for her that she could work on her numbers, colors, alphabet and tracing but since I went back to the office this has been not an easy task. Instead, she has been destructive and out to have her own entertaining fun messing with her brother and father. (My husband is home with them until I get off work.)

She has been working on her tracing and I give her some blocks to identify colors and shapes. I still have some of the flashcards and books I had when going through homeschooling with the boy when he was younger. We have also made musical instruments. My daughter does things much differently than her brother when it comes to learning. She is much more into art and music. She loves to sing so now, I must come up with a different way to teach her things and guide her. Most times, I let her go through her own obstacles. I don't want to tell her "no" too many times while learning. I don't want to crush her spirit or make her lose her zest for learning.
Yes, she is eating and matching letters. She did them correctly with the help of her brother and she saw her mother making noodles and wanted in on the goodies!
She does not have a tablet (yet) as we noticed that e-learning really boosted our son and she is fascinated so for her third birthday we bought her a tablet but she is not technically getting it on her birthday. (yay!) I was not for my son getting an electrical device but I introduced him to my tablet which ended up getting either lost or it stopped working- I can't recall. Anyways, when he was almost 4 he bought himself his own with his dad's guidance.

What can I say- different kids, different ways to learn. I will try to post next week and the creative ways I got my husband involved in educating this little one while my son is working on e-learning. Stay tuned. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS