New Changes and a Stay at Home Birthday Party! CoronApril
(picture was taken from facebook)
New reports, new updates and new new new all in CoronApril! Where do I begin. . .
1. Still not 100% proud of it but I switched phones.
I still love Android but I now am an Apple person. So far the features are easy to find but in different positions so not bitter there. I can say though that the pictures are pretty high quality. I would do a comparison and contrast of the two phones but I believe it would not be fair as I had an older phone and I am comparing it to a newer phone.| iPhone SE second generation- affordable and waterproof |
Since my daughter currently is not in daycare the trips to work have been pretty fast. I forgot what they felt like. She is currently going over her phonics, tracing, and numbers. Her learning has almost linked with her brother with language as we go over Spanish and Chinese together. Speaking of the girl. . .
We went to the forest preserve and went for a walk and got some sun and air. When we came home, we ordered pasta as the girl is really into starches right now. They watched movies and played and she refused to sleep because she didn't want her birthday to end. That let me know that this was a job well done!
3. She is now Three!!!
If the pandemic did not hit, she would have a cupcake and a dress to wear to daycare and given cupcakes to all her friends. That weekend she would have had her birthday party with her dress and sash and played games with the attendants while munching on pizza. Instead, she had a unicorn party at home. . .
Unicorn cake
She opened presents and saw her friends on zoom and had a room full of balloons. She also had a huge inflatable unicorn balloon. Some advice- never get one in the windy city! Let's just say I had to buy two.
| This was unicorn #1. |
If you are a mom and wanted to know how I performed this task- I planned. . . and then it all went to hell!
When she said she loves unicorns I went to work that day frantically on amazon looking up party dresses. I wanted to create her theme around her dress. . .
Then, as any thrifty mom would do I tried to get into the dollar tree to pick up some items. I gave that assignment to hubby and that is where things went a little awry. I told him unicorn or just grab some pink crap- I don't care! He grabbed what was available. So the morning of, I had to get MORE balloons and decor. I stepped into the Dollar Tree when it first opened and grabbed more unicorn theme items. I went to the grocery store and grabbed the inflatable unicorn and balloon decor with a candle. It took longer because after I lost unicorn balloon #1 I went back into the store to get balloon #2. I went home, showered, and dressed in Prince attire because the baby was born directly a year after he died and turned on the computer. I gave the daycare the zoom information three weeks prior and most of her class and some other friends were there. I also told people to facetime and google duo to wish the girl a happy birthday!
More to come! I have to now begin planning an eleven year wedding anniversary. Wish me luck!
Enjoy Life- even when inside
Eclectic Lotus

Comments
Post a Comment