WHO SENT YOU!? Scammers on Job Posts on the Rise
*cocks imaginary gun* WHO SENT YOU!? I post my job on famous job sites and sure enough, there it is! The mass amount of e-mails from "recruiters" and "people from HR" in high seeking companies that want to interview me. It has been an interesting ride the past 6 months as this has gotten much worse. I thought I would post it on here to let you know that if you see this, DON'T DO IT!!!!
1. You received two e-mails
The scammers are getting better and better at breaking through the spam mail. I recently got an email from a secretary who had pretty bad grammar. She wanted to let me and a group of people in an e-mail thread know that her boss wanted to interview us on a great opportunity. The job was a remote job that paid up to $113k per year. Her boss emailed me three days later and wanted my skype info for an interview. I looked up the company. It was legit. I looked up the man ready to employ me which I will give- Doug Ahrens. His information was legit although I hope he does not put a restraining order on me for looking him up but I needed to know if all was right with this. One thing- the position I was selected for was not a real position in that company. I backed away and told "Doug Ahrens" that I wanted nothing to do with this job. He kept sending me random bible verses until I blocked him from Skype. Sad part about this story? I sent three messages and phone calls to the actual company confirming this information and no one called me or messaged me back on it. Corporate is rough.
2. You received one e-mail
The scammer sent you an email stating that they saw your resume on a job website and think you may be an interesting candidate. Do your research first before proceeding. They are finding me through Careerbuilder.com. Apparently, they are also trolling on linkedin and facebook.
3.You received a PHONE CALL!?
Yes! They are CALLING people! I just got a phone call TODAY from someone who is a recruiter for a company that works for Pfizer. I was almost bought and sold until I looked up the website and clicked on his links attached to his e-mail. OOPS! Your website is not active. Also, Pfizer is currently not looking for the position that you are *interviewing*. He sent me an email calling me "Bonnie". Who is Bonnie?! Grammar errors about in the email and no link to a professional website for me to apply for the job. *inhales* sorry bro.
These are the new ways that they are trying to gain your information. Also, they are crafty in calling. The one that occurred today almost got me because I could barely hear as I was in a busy cafe. Again, be careful!!! I am posting up some links for more information in case your problem is not similar or you are coming into looking for a new job and need to know all the scams that are out there because the internet is an ocean and we are the fish and algae out there to be feasted on by sharks and squids. Good luck and Godspeed!
5 Major Types of Job Scams
Fortune- fake jobs from home scams
Fake Job and Employment Scams- TheWindowsClub



Comments
Post a Comment