Baby Reveal- Early
I was 27 weeks- and very late for my 20 week ultrasound. The tech was a friendly and great guy who his wife was also pregnant but with their third child. He states that they found out they were having another boy which he states she was a little disappointed as they were trying for a girl. I told him that I have a boy already and I am just looking to see if there are two babies in there and not one. I usually don't tell people what I think the sex is going to be of the baby until we find out- except with my son. The ultrasound tech asked me do I want to know the sex. I said no. He suggested a card with the gender on it and I kindly replied no. This time around, my husband was not with me- he was at home with our son.
While pregnant with the boy I knew he was going to be a boy from the 11 week ultrasound I just knew. His name was selected before we concieved him and we went in head first not even thinking of selecting a name if he was a girl. We tried when I was in my second trimester but no progress so we let it be. When we found out on our 20 week ultrasound, my husband smiled from ear to ear. I think that made his week that he was having a boy.
I let the ultrasound tech take pictures and check out the spine and brain. Baby is healthy and without any defects. That is music to my ears. He begins to measure the leg and I do something I should not have done. . .I LOOKED!!!! There, I saw what I was having. I asked the tech if I was correct on what I was seeing. He looked and said, "yes, congratulations! You are having a ________." He took a couple more shots at my baby's junk and took a picture with the gender and an arrow to take home.
When I got home, hubby was in suspense. The boy was sleep when I got home. "So, why won't you tell me what we are having?"
Me: "Because you called this a long time ago. Do you remember?"
Hubby: "No. I might have been tired or drunk or sleep. I don't know."
Hubby: "We having another boy!? Alright!"
I handed him the ultrasound pictures which revealed the baby's face. He agreed, the baby looks a lot like our son. The last picture was the one the tech took a little more time with. There was an arrow pointed to our upcoming second born junk and on the side it said, GIRL. Hubby had a funny look on his face.
Me: "Congrats daddy! You are going to have a baby girl!"
He looked stunned. I said, "Let's tell your mother that her last grandchild is a granddaughter!" We went upstairs and showed her the picture. She didn't believe it either but she was so happy. I never saw her so happy.
So, we have slowly but surely been telling people what we are having and yes- her name was chosen a year before conception just as her big brother. Here is why my in-laws are a little stunned about the sex.
My husband is the youngest of seven children- only one is a girl. All his brothers have sons except one- he has two daughters which is REALLY rare. His one sister has two boys and a girl. We are the first out of all his brothers to have BOTH a boy and a girl. He is getting comfortable with the fact that he is having a little girl. He likes to boast that he broke the trend- but then again he is the youngest and no one else is planning on having any more children due to age, the age gap of children or divorce. This makes granddaughter #4 out of 14 grandchildren for my mother in law.
On my side, my eldest brother only had daughters, the brother younger than him has only sons with his only daughter dying at an early age. I guess it would make sense I have one of each. My older half sister has one of each and I seem to follow suit. My younger half sister just gave birth to a boy on my birthday- her first just as the other sisters did so there is probably a huge possibility if she has another it may be a girl.
I am getting a little more excited because girls to me a so versatile! With my son, my husband has a special bond with him and there are things that he is teaching him that seem a little sexist to me but I leave it alone. With her, if she wants to wear her brother's hand me downs she can. She can play sports or do ballet. She can grow up to be an MMA fighter or a SAHM without anyone looking at her crazy. I am excited to see what is going to become of this little girl. Will she be a hellraiser or a peacemaker? One thing she won't be is spoiled or thinking she is a princess and that all should bow down to her. I hope she is a fighter for the rights of others as well as herself. That through prayer, faith, grace, hope and caution that she grows into a healthy adult with a knowledge of who she is and where is is going and how to get there. I hope she has an excellent relationship with her big brother and they know when mommy and daddy leave this world they have each other and God and they help each other. So far that is coming true and this baby is not even here yet. Jonathan told us before the ultrasound that I was having a girl. He declares that this is his baby. He speaks to my stomach and the baby kicks in the direction where she hears his voice. I am thankful and happy and not because she is a girl- but because she is already making her fit in this family. She is rounding it out and showing us that we need her and love her already.


Comments
Post a Comment