The Beautiful Biracial Family

You always think that you are the odd couple that has that look like you aren't supposed to be with your family. I am happy that biracial families are being displayed on TV but they look like model families. The man is an extremely handsome black man and the woman is white. I have written a post about this earlier about the multicultural families that are not displayed on TV. Now that I walk around my neighborhood, I see them and they are not models or actors.
   Today, I was getting my son ready to go home from swim class and I saw one of the most beautiful Black woman. She had small senegalese twists and a perfect white smile. She was getting her nine month old son ready for his first swim class. Her son was almost the same color as my two and a half year old and he had big, soft curls in his head. We talked and she was only a year older than myself but we never mentioned the fact that we noticed that our kids didn't look exactly like us- meaning that we had an unspoken conversation that we knew both our sons were biracial. When I walked out of the dressing room, she was behind me with her son in her arms. She walked to a white man. A gorgeous white man. He was tall with blue eyes, bald head and a remarkable smile. He lit up when he saw his wife and his infant son.
   This is not the first multicultural family as I joined a facebook group of multicultural families. These families were beautiful and not because they had mixed kids. ( to note, some were not and their parents were of a different culture.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS