Break from Facebook
We had a separation and it is highly bittersweet. . .
For years I spoke on how I was going to remove myself from facebook and the time drew further and further on. I even played "facebook chicken" on how I was going to do it as I loomed my arrow cursor over the "deactivate account". I warned people who were not hip to the addictive nature of facebook to stay away as you will be concerned about how many people "like" the picture of your dog or how many people commented on your quick opinion on the latest murder trial. Then, there were the games that drew you in further. If one more person ask me to give them lives I am going to scream! Let's not forget the heated political debates and just the debates in general that were all too consuming of comments posted. I was ready to remove myself from it all. I even stopped posting pictures of my son due to my high anxiety of believing someone is out to get me and abduct my son. Once I placed pictures of my son on that perverse abyss of acceptance the flood gates opened. I took the compliments and the people that shared pictures of him as something of deception. I deleted all the pictures of him because I couldn't take it and now that I type this on this blog I think it too silly and paranoid.
Being off facebook is freeing. I hear people begin to complain now. Well, if it seems to be consuming your life like it did mine feel free to remove yourself. You can always go back. . .

Comments
Post a Comment