Being Wanted and Being Loved

As I discuss breastfeeding and childbirth there is something else dear to my heart may be because I know people who are and they are better for it.

Adoption


I am actually not one of those people who cry at birth stories but I do cry from adoption stories. They are so much more touching to me and I can't really explain why. May be it is because I see so many babies that should be in better homes. . .homes where the mommy and daddy actually wanted kids and want to spoil those children with love, something that many of us are beginning to forget is that kids need time and love. 

I can't name the friends but I have friends that are currently suffering with infertility issues and they are married and I honestly think they would make some ROCKIN parents! It hurts me to hear this and with American adoptions are so iffy. You put money into getting a child of your own to love and care for and nurture only for the birth parents to say, "You know, I don't have a lot but I want my baby." If you ever saw the movie Juno you know what I am talking about. That is not something in movies but real life. I have seen people sneer at the parents who are (obviously) white and their little child is Asian. You know, American adoption is difficult and if you are able to pull that off I thank God that you did. The money, the time all to raise an unfortunate baby or child. I even hear that they do screening tests to determine if someone would make a fit foster parent. I hate to sound Republican or conservative but you know what. . . May be that screening should be for young mothers.

I also have seen the other side of adoptive children of course grown up. My pastor is adopted and he makes it known in his sermons as he tells us that "God led him to a Christian Italian family" and that when he did finally meet his birth mother he thanked her for doing such a noble act because he adores his adoptive family.

So, I send this blog to let people know that adoption is beautiful! Here are some links if this is something you are considering:


This link is a lot more popular:

Side note: I promote international adoption. I just made a point about people who sneer at it. You have no idea about what people go through if you never met them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS