Day Care Center v. Nanny

I have noticed being on some of the mommy blogs that I may be one of the few bloggers that will be a working mom. I love working and making my own money plus it makes it much more feasable to have more income to put our child through private school, have a home, two fully functional vehicles, family vacations and the like. But that is in our case and no one else's. I could be a stay at home mom but I fear I may go crazy and yearn for adult attention like a vampire yearns for human blood!

So, those who can not be around must see about other means to care for the young one. Here are my options:

1. My mother in law: as much as I would like to go ahead and take our little bundle of joy upstairs to bond and be close to his/her only living grandmother the fact is that she will be 74 years old. She raised seven kids so I am sure she would not want to be bothered with a little two and a half month old. That is my thought but I am not sure how she would take it. I hate to make it sound so bad but yeah I don't want to burden her with a baby. When she comes back from Texas I guess we can ask her to see what she says. But the plus side is I would totally trust her with our child. She is the grandmother and she would create a lovely bond with her last grandchild. (this baby is the last of the line for if my mother was still alive and hubby's mother)

2. Another family member:  My husband's sister-in-law has a sister who may be willing to take our young one while we work. Of course we would pay her since she is not working. Again, the plus is it is family and they would be speaking Spanish to the baby so my child will have some understanding and speaking of that language and can grow up bilingual which I feel like if you are half- Mexican you better bring it on the Spanish!

3. Nanny: I always scoff at the people in my neighborhood who have these little babies and they are being walked around the neighborhood by their Guatemalan, Black, or Polish nanny. Right now, I can not complain because we are considering it. The only issue is the cost and many of them are only part time, meaning they can come in and care for our little one for a few days a week when we need someone for five days a week. Plus, I am slightly paranoid so who is to say this lady/guy is not abusing my baby or going through our things when we are away? This person is a stranger!!! Yikes!

4. Day Care Educational Center: There are plenty in this neighborhood and they seem pretty on top of things. I have checked online the ratings and they are all good. They feed the kids with organic food and I have signed up for some tours to check out some of these places. They do field trips with the kids and teach arts and Spanish and social skills. Here is the negative side: the cost. I guess I need to take a second job in order to go for this option because a week for one is $2k PER MONTH!! That is over half my check per month!!

5. Not going back to work: It would be a heck of a lot cheaper and I know what will be going on in my home. No separation anxiety going back to work and leaving my baby in the hands of another. The negative side is that we have to make up for all the money we will be loosing since I stopped working. Plus, as I said before I might go a little mad.

6. Shift work schedules: In this I mean that hubby would switch to working evenings while I am still working. With this, there would always be a parent there with the child. What I hate about this thought is that we are rarely together as a family. There will be no "feeding shifts" and sleep which will already be scarse will be worse with work schedules and care schedules. We would save money and still make money at the same time so I guess it would work out.

So far, I am checking prices for day cares and getting ready to interview nannies. We have to call the other relative and see what she says as well as asking my mother in law when she returns from Texas but we are not sure when she will get back. She got a one way ticket there to care for her mother so who knows when she will be back. I may have to extend my maternity leave to January which would be 12 weeks so I may need to hold out on buying more items and save up because I will be out for a long time. I am getting a chance to meet my neighbors for the first time with children so I will be asking around with them. (Yes, the neighborhood is kind of funny and you can't bond with these people unless you have a dog, kid or both.)

Wish me luck and I will try to update more on this blog. I have entered my third trimester and I feel pretty good. Now the chaos begins of baby showers and completing the registry. Still have a good amount of energy and I have noticed I am snacking more these days so I am trying to keep more healthy snacks around me.
Taken at a Bridal Shower this past weekend
No swelling in the feet and hands
Cravings? watermelon and cucumber
Interesting thing about this week (thus far): Baby kicks and wakes me up around 6am. Baby also kicks and moves when hearing daddy's voice. Baby recognizes his voice!
Heat wave last week: I have no air conditioning in my car. I think I did pretty well last week with coping.
This week I plan on doing my horrible glucose test. Most likely on Friday or if I can fit it in on Saturday I will do it. Just thinking about all that sugar being drunk is just gross to me and I usually love sweet stuff.

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS