Reflections of 2012
My life in 2012 was let's put it like this. . .unique. I began this year remembering the loss of my father while freshly mourning the loss of my best friend, my mother. . .
To cherish her memory: from r-l: eldest brother, sister-in-law, middle brother, me and hubby
Cousin, mother and daughter- at least she was there when I became a doctor.
When I got back to Chicago from Phoenix I tried to get my life together. Hubby and I spent a lot mainly for travel during the holidays and I was without school and without a job. I began to sink pretty low and stay off facebook and social media if I could. I will admit there were days where I stayed in bed all day. Hubby didn't mind which I love him to death for that. He was seriously my rock. I began to be myself a little more once I began training for the Shamrock Shuffle. The winter was quite forgiving and I also began the yoga and yoga sculpt journey. Working out led me back to my faith as well. February came and I began my transformation for the most progressive year.
What is a girl to do when she is depressed? ROAD TRIP- ALONE!!! Time to reflect and really cry out the fact that your mom is gone and you are doing all you can to cope. Visiting friends and the land can be quite refreshing!
Spring- The running. . .
March 2012- Shamrock Shuffle 8k- beat PR for 8k
Cinco de Miler- 5 miles. Hubby ran with for support.
There is something cleansing about running. I eventually got the courage to get up and begin reading my bible, praying and heading to church. I began to come back to myself and joined BGR! as a way of pushing me and made the goal of running 8-9 races this year.
Hubby and I celebrated 3 years married and we did something simple. We went to a movie and out to eat. Modest and sweet.
The trips to see the best friend and her roomie. I finally got the opportunity to meet and greet her friends! With me not being in school I can have a ball of fun and reconnect with her!
I had a loss of relatives- Mama Doris and Grandma Ethel. Both put a dent in the lives of many people and the holidays were a little sad which is why hubby and I stayed at home and did crafty things. . .
All in all 2012 was. . .life. I do believe that the good outweighed the bad. It was supposed to. 2011 was a struggle but began with promise. 2012 began a struggle but ended with strength. I lost one of my "adoptive mothers" and my grandmother but I am staying strong for the families although I miss them but I know they are with my mommy so I am not as sad as you might think. 2012 was beautiful, passionate, diverse and enlightening. I just hope 2013 becomes a year where traditions begin within my small family of two but I also hope 2013 becomes a year of growth as we hope to add a new member to the Fregoso family making it a family of 2.5 instead of just two.
* Note: this entry was shortened*






Comments
Post a Comment