Frame the Pride!

Although I have been MIA for a while I have not been inactive at all. I have been working on fitness and creating healthy little weekly goals. Two weeks ago, my goal was to eat a salad for lunch everyday. Those greens really removed my bloated belly and I even dropped a few pounds. (totally an understatement- I dropped eight pounds in a week! Yikes!) If you have also been following my running and fitness blog you would also know I did an amazing feat- I ran and completed nine races. I knew after the first one I wanted to do something creative with this accomplishment so I kept bibs, bags that the bibs and shirts came in, the flyers to promote races I signed up for later, etc. Many of this paperwork was thrown away by hubby since I started the roots for a hoarder. What was left over that I put away in a neat place? My bibs. What a great idea to frame this! Right before New Years I began my project to create this:

The white corners are removed. I put them back on after I made this because I did not want it damaged on the way to its home- it currently is on a wall in my office.

Supplies Needed
- double sided tape
- an 18x24" frame
- paper to line the inside ( I used the back side of the paper that came in the frame)

1.Before I even bought the frame, I grabbed the bibs and removed any excess rip-offs that may be on them like extra beer tickets, gear checks, extra info on bib numbers, other goodies to get after the race tickets, etc.
2. I then decided to arrange the bibs. This was an interesting one because I wanted them in order but I wanted them to fit a frame. I recall looking at someone else doing something like this in a blog and she had the same size frame but many more bibs:

On The Road Again- Bib display (to see how she did it- much better than my own.)

My arrangement- Since I had one lonely medal I put it to the side.


3. I measured this arrangement and wrote it down. This, I crossed my fingers to see if I could find something in the exact measurement.
4.  Pick out your frame! The other blogger got a good deal at Michael's. I actually got my frame for $15 at Jo Ann Fabrics since it is the closest craft store. If you are closer to a Hobby Lobby or a Michael's I say go but you can probably also get them at a Target, Wal Mart, Walgreens, Duane Reade, CVS, etc.
5. TAPE IT!! I love double sided tape and have lots of it at home. Tape the sides of the bib. The top left two bibs are not the same material as the others and had some difficulties to them. (POTUS bib was curled like crazy and the red and white one had the chrono tag as a fat strip behind it on top.) I fixed those before taping them.
6. Once the bibs are taped and flipped, arrange the paper over the cardboard backing of the frame. Press firmly on the paper just as you have them arranged. If this is too difficult, you could trace and draw before taping where you want each bib to go. I am a little messy and did not think about that but if you are a perfectionist try that.
7. My lone medal got to hang off the side and it stays pretty well. If that is too scary for you add some double sided tape and secure it to the frame.
Voila!
8. HANG IT UP AND SHOW IT OFF! Again, mine sits in my office. When patients come in the look at it and it becomes a bit of a discussion. My front desk ladies still admire it. My boss thinks it is quite creative. 

This year, I already have two medals so this is not an idea for me while displaying my achievements in 2013- check out what I do next year. Now, there are two bibs still hanging out for last year- my husband's bibs. I think I might wait to do something with his and put them all together since he does not run as much as I do. I also have the bib from my first race in 2011 which will probably be in a scrapbook or something. I have not thought about that either. Well, good luck with yours and I hope you research and make yours even better than mine!

Display your achievements

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS