My Jack O' Lantern Secret

On facebook and xanga I had many compliments on my "pumpkin carving" skills. Although, I love the compliments I am not one to accept it if I needed some assisitance.

This pumpkin sat in front of our home with a leaf garland surrounding it. 



I love real candlelight in the Jack O' Lantern. I get an unscented votive candle. It adds to the flair of the carvings. Now, here is my secret for this amazing carvings- it was based from a stencil  I wish I was joking. Every year since I have carved my first pumpkin I go to the store and pick up a carving kit. Every year either the day of or the day before I carve a pumpkin using the stencil and it takes about an hour or so. This is the first year I have not carved a face but a scene.

When you are ready to try this feat next year here is the website for Pumpkin Masters- I get annoyed when I have to punch holes in the darn pumpkin but they come out amazing!
Next year, I am going to attempt to carve two pumpkins so pictures will be placed on this blog and on facebook. Hope you all had a great Halloween and an even better Day of the Dead.

Since I am still getting the hang of this the next postings on this holiday will be more. Have a great week and if you voted- Great job!


Preparing for some fun Thanksgiving posts and recipes!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS