Sweet and Spicy Chili Recipe

 

From 2012
I am re-enacting this chili but vegan! I have an older post from October 2012 for this recipe which I will place here in this post as well. I used to make this for chili cook-offs while in Chiro school and after I graduated during the fall months. Great with cornbread as you see here. Click the hyperlink if you need a recall.

So, here is the direct recipe (non-vegan)

Sweet & Spicy Turkey Chili

1 pkg. ground turkey
2 jars Chunky Salsa
1 can Black Beans
1 can Red Kidney Beans
1 can Corn & Chili Salsa

Brown turkey in frying pan. Stir in both salsas. Add beans and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips!

Try adding sour cream, shredded cheese or chopped onion. 

Serves 5-6 ( directly from Trader Joe's paper)

How to make it vegan:

Sweet & Spicy Vegan Chili

12 oz red quinoa *
2 jars Chunky Salsa
1 can Black Beans
1 can Red Kidney Beans
1 can Corn & Chili Salsa

Cook red quinoa separate in rice cooker. Stir in both salsas. Add beans and red quinoa over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Alternative "meat"
12 oz of mushroom walnut "meat"

Chop up mushrooms of choosing ( I prefer bella mushrooms or white mushrooms) and 1/4 cup of walnuts. Add to frying pan with either 1/2 tsp coconut oil or fresh lime juice and add chili seasoning. You are still "browning" the "meat". You can also use veggie broth for the "oil". Create recipe as you see above. 

Enjoy!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS