Death, and Rebirth
This season has been something! With the loss of my aunt and grandmother through the fall season I can't lie and say that it has been easy. It has not but this is also a time of thankfulness and letting all know that we are in a season. While I was mourning loss after loss, there have been celebrations of births as two of the in-laws have celebrated births in the month of October and my cousin who left this Earth in June now is a grandmother to a beautiful baby girl. Also, I think about her often and how this year has been an even greater emotional dump as she has lost her mother, her great-uncle, her great-grandmother, and her grandmother all in one year. By my aunt's funeral, I think we were all emotionally exhausted but still trying to maneuver in a world where they do not exist. Because they were close to my mother, it feels like I lost her again. There have been times when I am going to cry which is usually not the case with me as I can put my emotions in check but this is at home. While away from my home I feel I can control my emotions better as I laugh and work as if nothing has happened.
Comments
Post a Comment