When the Whole House Agrees-Red Pepper Roasted Pasta



There is quiet and peace while eating. I don't think I have heard this before. In the picture above I would have tried to make the picture pretty but I was very hungry. I cut up some fresh basil and red pepper flakes which adds some depth to the dish. There was one thing I forgot to do and that was to peel the roasted red pepper which if I did that, it would. Anyway, in my fashion I am going to get straight to the chase:

Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
4 red peppers
1 onion, quartered
4 garlic cloves
1.7oz cashews
11.3oz spaghetti noodles
1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
1tbsp dried mixed herbs
1.7oz sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained ( I used fire-roasted tomatoes in water, drained)
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
Transfer the cashews to a bowl and cover in hot water straight from a kettle. Put aside so it can soak.
Add the red poppers to a roasting tray (if you do not have one, I did parchment paper over a cookie pan) and roast for 15 minutes.
Remove from the tray from the oven. Add the quartered onions and garlic cloves and return to the over for another 15 minutes.
Cook the pasta in boiling water ( with a little salt in the water to boil) and make sure to keep some pasta water to the side when done.
Leave the roasted veggies to cool for 5 minutes. Then peel the onion and garlic, and remove any skin, stalks, and seeds from the red peppers. Transfer them to a blender. Drain the cashews and add them to the blender, along with the plant-based milk, 1 cup of pasta water that you put to the side earlier, add dried mixed herbs, "sun-dried" tomatoes (remember, I did not use the sun-dried but fire-roasted, balsamic vinegar, nutritional yeast, and very generous pinches of salt and pepper.
Blend until smooth
Pour the sauce into a large sauce pan on low-medium heat. Gently heat the sauce then add the spaghetti noodles and blend. I topped my pasta with freshly cut basil and red pepper flakes.
Yum!
Enjoy the food! I am on my second plate and I am so full! Guess who is taking this to lunch this week at work! This girl here! 
Eclectic Lotus
Twice a day on posts! I am on a roll!







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Conjunction- Function: What does it all mean?

Where does the Time go?

Food, Air and Water Show and NAILS