These are NOT vegan, but I did make them. Read on to see more!
. . . because life is pancakes! If you know me, you know I love tacos, ice cream, shoes, learning new stuff, and PANCAKES! Ten years ago, I began running so I can justify my love of pancakes. If you have seen my blog posts from prior years, I can slay some cakes! Now, that we live apart from my mother-in-law, I will still send her pancakes. This is probably the worse thing to admit because I am supposed to be healthy but pancakes are my weakness. With age and turning vegan, there have been many things I have given up- french fries, eggs (I have to imagine this in a "you are torturing animals" kind of way.), pizza, and pancakes.
My home is NOT vegan. With me being the lone wolf, it gets to be difficult. Much more cleaning, cooking, and work. 2022 is not much different than 2021 with my schedule as I am attending seminars online, studying, keeping a clean house, a second job, not to mention sneaking in working out where ever I can. (Drop and give me 10 runs through my head.) Two weekends in a row, I have been working out a go-to pancake recipe. Enough of me talking, I got things to do!
The Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes (From Tasty Website)
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons organic sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Maple syrup, to serve
Take the ingredients and place them in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Add to the griddle or pan and cook for. . . honestly, I don't remember. (I did not get how to make the directions so I made it up.) Here was my result:
It was a tad dramatic for me.
So, I didn't like the consistency. They were not the fluffy I recalled from making buttermilk pancakes. So, with the batter leftover, I tried to fix it. I just happened to find a ripened banana that most likely my husband would throw away. (I hate when he does that- I use them for baking, putting in oatmeal, and smoothies.)
Better.
They were moister and still just as fluffy! So, the next weekend (today, actually.) I attempted it again but I did not use all-purpose flour. I took some oats and ground them up in the nutrabullet and used that with a hint (1/4 flour) of the all-purpose flour. One set, I added walnuts because I was being all fancy. The other did not have walnuts but I decorated them with them.
without walnuts, just decorated with chopped walnut bits
With maple syrup and chopped walnuts added to the batter.
The ultimate test- my daughter ate them. I have no leftovers as I usually do. (Insert sad face)Here is my "chopped and skewed" fluffy vegan pancake recipe. I think I will use this as I took about 15 minutes to prepare and cook. It took a little longer to mash up the banana because it wasn't as ripe as I like them.
My Vegan Pancakes
1 cup oatmeal flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons organic sugar ( Morena sugar)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 ripe banana
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
chopped walnuts, to serve
Maple syrup, to serve
Combine ingredients in a medium bowl with a wooden spoon. Add to the griddle and cook each side until brown or when the edges are "dry" and there are bubbles at the edges. Flip and cook the other side.
I hope this helps you with your vegan journey. I can say, I have been vegan-ish for two years. WOW!!! I began this journey right before a pandemic while moving into a new home, working two jobs, and in a home where everyone else eats meat. So, if I can go through all that- I am sure you can do it if you really wanted. Many have come from my Instagram page which has more of the foods I made and eat and as you know, I am not a super-thin vegan so I only hope that I am squashing some stereotypes. So, enjoy! I am getting ready to go back to the store and attempt some yummy pasta dish I found out.
Disfruta!
Eclectic Lotus
Comments
Post a Comment